Florence

Author Topic: Ben 16 years young Collie x GentleMan  (Read 11150 times)

Offline spencers mum

Re: Ben 16 years young Collie x GentleMan
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 15:52:47 PM »
Made my screen go all blurry, had to walk away and come back to the thread.  Lovely happy ending, Ben looks very happy in all the photos

:)

Offline Dizzy

• Fosterers
  • Dizzy Rascal x
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
 :wave:

It's been a little while since I updated on Ben - sadly over the past week or so he's really started to show his age :'( he's pretty happy in himself, but his arthritis is causing him some problems and the poor old man is starting to loose his marbles a little bit :pathead: he's pacing a lot and will wander out into the back garden, stand there for a moment as if trying to remember why he went out and then turn and come straight back in. He's also taken to lying in the back garden and staring at the fence looking a little bit lost :(

That aside, he's still a wonderful old man and we love him more than ever. He's happy with his little life and is just as affectionate and waggy tailed as he's always been. He's been prescribed some new medication (Vivitonin) to help with the confusion and dullness, so fingers crossed he perks up a bit over the next few days.

I still feel there's life in him yet & we feel very blessed for every day we have with him. Picture below of Mr Ben doing what he does best ;D  ;)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:03:19 AM by Dizzy »
“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Offline Lydia

• Niziblian Jewellery
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »
 :hug: he looks great - so glad he's with you x
Jewellery maker, Wife, Mum, Dog Fosterer, Accident Prone.

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
Aw bless him, please give him a great big  :hug: from me as I know what it's like to be an OAP, let's hope the Vivitonin helps  :-* :inlove:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 13:57:21 PM »
Way to go Ben  :woohoo:  you can get away with anything just act a bit daft to get more treats.  One of our old dogs used to go out side and you could tell by her face she was thinking what am I doing here  :shrug:.  She would also stare at a wall, there was not the medication then, but she was still so funny some of the things she would do.  As long as they are happy and still enjoying life keep having fun Ben  :woohoo: Well done team Dizzy
Mad about dogs

Offline Dizzy

• Fosterers
  • Dizzy Rascal x
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 14:21:36 PM »
Aw bless him, please give him a great big  :hug: from me as I know what it's like to be an OAP, let's hope the Vivitonin helps  :-* :inlove:

Done :) he's had lots and lots of cuddles today as am so relieved there's nothing serious wrong and there's something we can do about it :)

I have been wondering if maybe he's missing Saffie a little bit - she was here with us for a month and although he's not the most sociable dog, she really took to him and was glued to his side constantly for four weeks. So maybe he's feeling a little lost with her suddenly gone? :hug:
“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”