Florence

Author Topic: Ben 16 years young Collie x GentleMan  (Read 11406 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Fosterers
  • Dizzy Rascal x
Ben 16 years young Collie x GentleMan
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »

Name: Ben
Breed - Collie Cross
Age - 16
Dog Friendly - Yes, he just ignores them!
Cat Friendly - Unknown, he is very laid back so wouldn't expect a problem
Child Friendly - Yes, but older children only due to his age
Chipped - Unknown
Vaccinated - Yes

Ben arrived with us on Tuesday after a very long trip. His owner has been taken into hospital so he has been brought back to us through no fault of his own. Ben is a lovely boy, who just wants to spend his time sleeping. He is very sweet natured and loves a cuddle.

Ben needs a quiet home where he can live out the rest of his days in peace.

Please put it an application as soon as you are interested in giving Ben his forever home. Approved application will be homechecked.

Details of our adoption procedures and adoption application form are http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/adoption_procedures.html

5th June

Ben has been with us for a week now and has settled in well.

After a visit to the vets last week, he has been prescribed Metacam to help with his back legs - the difference this has made is amazing. Before, Ben was just getting up to eat and go outside to pee but now he is following me around the house and has shown himself to be a very curious dog. We have even had his tail wagging which was a first.

Ben enjoys nothing more than having his belly scratched and sleeping and he also thought about playing with a toy, although once he discovers it's not food, he generally leaves it alone.

For the first couple of days, Ben completely ignored my dog, but he is now very friendly and patient with Dizzy's inquisitive nature.

Matt took Ben out for a walk this weekend, which he loved. He was very well behaved on lead but tends not to listen off lead (possibly because we suspect he is slightly hard of hearing).

18th June

It's hard to believe Ben has already been with us for three weeks, it feel's like so much longer! He is a lovely, lovely old man and is now a lot more sociable both with me and the other dogs. Nothing much fazes him and he is very patient with the younger dogs.

He is now going for a short walk every other day, and even though a ten minute stroll tires him out for the rest of the day he does enjoy it & tries his best to run like the young man he once was! He is beautifully well behaved on the lead and as with everything else, completely ignores any distractions.

He is spending most of his time at home sleeping, although he will wonder over for a scratch behind the ear every now and then. Hopefully he'll find his perfect companion soon!

29th June

Just over a month in, and of course we have fallen in love with this old man. So much so that we have decided to offer Ben his forever sofa! He is so settled with us here, it's hard to remember what it was like without him. We are very happy to be able to continue to love him for whatever time he has left as his long term foster parents. He is still showing us that he is a young man at heart and is an absolute delight.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:31:55 AM by Dizzy »
“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
Re: Ben 15 years young Collie x GentleMan
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
 :inlove: Hello Ben sweetheart  :-*, I 1st met you when you originally came to Four Paws about 5 years ago & you were the softest gentle boy I'd ever met & it looks like you're just the same now  angel.gif, I'm soooo sorry you've been parted from Don who you adored from the time you met but we will do our very best to find you another companion who you can share your love with but in the meantime you're back with friends who will continue to adore & love you  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline SIANEVANS

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 18:21:15 PM »
Awww  Ben Im sure you will find a nice home to enjoy your retirement in sweetheart    :inlove:

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 19:13:54 PM »
You are looking very settled all ready you lovely old boy  :clap: :clap:
Mad about dogs

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 19:16:54 PM »
Poor boy, fingers crossed X
Four Paws Bo, Muttley and Tipsy
Remembering Molly, Teddy, Japser and Louis

Offline Jacky

• Fundraising
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 19:56:48 PM »
 :hug: Gorgeous old man, hope you find your forever sofa soon  :inlove: :inlove:

Offline LoveMyDogs

• Proud Mum to Sasha, Tillie, Rosie & Mason
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 13:20:28 PM »
 :inlove: beautiful gent .... big  :hug:
Dog ownership is like a Rainbow .... puppies are the joy at one end & older dogs the treasure at the other.

Offline KizzyBoo

• Fundraising
  • Ava
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 15:36:20 PM »
Poor you Ben, lots of  :hug: to you, you'll be loved until your forever sofa is found handsome
Rudy, Jake, Holly, Alfie, Drummer, Robbie, Denby, Betsy, Kai, Bluebell
My gorgeous, crazy Ava ❤️ and my Rainbow Bridge girlies Kizzy ❤️ and Boo ❤️

Offline Dizzy

• Fosterers
  • Dizzy Rascal x
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 18:34:34 PM »
Update on Ben above  :clap:
“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 18:43:38 PM »
You are doing a great job with Ben he is coming on so well, he looks really good for his age.  I bet he loved his walk  :clap: :clap:
Mad about dogs

Offline MadCass&Bob

• Fundraising
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 20:24:15 PM »
Aww Ben  - you deserve an extra special retirement sofa  :inlove:

Offline KizzyBoo

• Fundraising
  • Ava
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 20:35:53 PM »
 :) So pleased Ben is a bit more mobile now  :)
Rudy, Jake, Holly, Alfie, Drummer, Robbie, Denby, Betsy, Kai, Bluebell
My gorgeous, crazy Ava ❤️ and my Rainbow Bridge girlies Kizzy ❤️ and Boo ❤️

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 21:07:04 PM »
Aw Ben you're doing sooo well settling in & enjoying yourself  :-* :hug: :inlove:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline LoveMyDogs

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
Lovely to hear you're settling & in less pain now Ben  :luv:
Dog ownership is like a Rainbow .... puppies are the joy at one end & older dogs the treasure at the other.

Offline LoveMyDogs

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 21:20:49 PM »
 :hug: for you beautiful Ben  :luv: