Author Topic: Dog friendly holidays  (Read 10064 times)

Offline Kamarupa

Dog friendly holidays
« on: January 22, 2012, 16:26:47 PM »
I haven't been but someone recommended them to me. They website looks fab and if it's an outdoor holiday with the dogs you're after it looks perfect.
http://www.oakwoodlodges.co.uk/

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. ~Author Unknown

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
Re: Dog friendly holidays
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 16:54:13 PM »
Haven't been to this place but Paul & I went to the Elan Valley for a few days last year & it's a fantastic area  :clap: :clap:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Ruth

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 18:50:58 PM »
  :wave: It looks great.  We went to the Elan Valley a couple of years back and walked right round that reservoir its really spectacular.

Offline kle_3187

• Roxy & Ally RIP
    • Lydstep Caravan Hire
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 22:17:07 PM »
I have a lodge on Lydstep Beach in Tenby and a few people rent out their caravans and allow dogs!

www.lydstepcaravanhire.co.uk

You'll find a few on the website above.  My friend takes his dog and has stayed in 607 and 424 and was very impressed :)

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 23:24:36 PM »
Do they allow Camper vans on this site?, we've been looking & lot's of them say 2 dogs only & we've got 4 Yorkies - well 3 & Lucy who could go in my pocket  :rofl: :rofl:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Online Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
Maggie, join the caravan club.....we joined last year and nearly all of the sites allow dogs, plus their is no resriction on most of the sites for number of dogs..... :wave:

Take a look here

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/search.aspx
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
Last year we were on a caravan club site and this lady had 7 dogs and most of them are of a really good standard these days
Mad about dogs

Offline Saffy-isticated

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:27 AM »
Maggie, I have a campervan & am a member of the Caravan Club, their sites are lovely.  We were in Edinburgh Caravan Club site last year when a couple walked past us with a parrot on his shoulder 2 dogs & a rabbit on a lead  :o they had quite a following.  There's no restriction on the number of animals.  There's a lovely site in Cirencester (Cotswolds) which is on the edge of the Bathurst Estate, fab walking & Cirencester has lovely dog friendly pubs with log fires.  What more could you want!

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
A PUB 100 yards away :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:, thank you all for your help as we're very new to all this & we've only just bought the camper, don't know what the dogs will make of it ::) ;)

Online Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 13:53:16 PM »
:wave:  mine get really excited Maggie, they all love it.....we don't venture very far and mainly stay in Wales.....there are some fabulous camp sites with the caravan club, all clean with great facilities..... :inlove:  Can't wait for the sunshine :beer:
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 16:07:36 PM »
It'll have to be sunshine as mine HATE the rain  :redface:, we'll be watching the weather forecast or we'll be stuck in the van  ::)

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 17:15:28 PM »
Has anyone been to Fresh water east near Tenby CC site they are not open untill end of March but want to know how many dog are allowed as they take non CC members as well
Mad about dogs

Online Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 18:25:55 PM »
:wave:  Hi Dizzy,

Freshwater East is a fabulous site, walking distance to a clean beach, we spent a couple of days there last year and intend to go back this year :wave:

Miles and miles of coastal walks, quite steep, but if you like walking it's beautiful.

No restrictions on dogs, we took 3 :wave:

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 18:47:37 PM »
Thanks Marina we have booked but there is no one to ask as they are not open yet.  Some of the CC sites that take non members aswell have restrictions all we need now is some fine weather
Mad about dogs

Offline kle_3187

• Roxy & Ally RIP
    • Lydstep Caravan Hire
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 21:10:50 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just thought id let you know ive taken on a new caravan on my website which accepts pets if anyone wants a holiday with their furry friend please let me know and I can send you some info.

Thanks

Kylie :)