Florence

Author Topic: Just One Thing - It will make a difference...  (Read 1456 times)

Offline emilyjw

Just One Thing - It will make a difference...
« on: January 16, 2012, 22:52:05 PM »
Just One Thing ... It really will make a difference

Last year we raised approximately £25k through fundraising thanks to the hardwork of our team and supporters, this year 2012 being a year of  “Diamonds and Gold’s”  we are setting ourselves a winning target of £27k so that’s £2,250k a month.... We are hoping that everyone can think of at least one thing that they can do to help us reach our target .

As well as our usual fundraising events what could you do? it can be anything you like ( as long as its legal !!! )  

How about have a spring clean and do a car boot for us , car washes , coffee mornings,
Baking,  bring and buy sales , plant sales or more simple things like sponsored slims,  swims , walks , bike rides , etc

Or even some daring things like bungee jumping , absailing, parachute jumping , head shaving , embarrassing fancy dress or painting faces as dogs & cats and going to work or school like it !!!!  

the list is endless  

If you can’t do something your self how about joining in our other fundraising events
This could be taking part in our online photo competition or auction, attending an event like Paws4Tea, street collections , help on one of our fundraising stalls ,collecting raffle prizes, joining our bonus ball scheme and oohh so many gazillion other things that you could choose from. We will add some case studies of things that people do as we go along and have a lovely thermometer so we can keep track of how we are doing.

You will often see the message of can you open your heart and home to a foster dog, some people can which is brilliant, others like myself aren't in that postition so we have to find other ways to help and really as with most things that comes down to good old fashioned money. On average including the adoption fee we have to raise £250 to enable a dog to find a loving home.

Fundraising is a great way of making new friends, helping with a good cause and even giving you the possibility of getting yourself a bargain in the process at the auctions.

So what One Thing could you do?

http://www.justgiving.com/justonething
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 19:35:48 PM by emilyjw »
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Meryl

Re: Just One Thing - It will make a difference...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 15:20:22 PM »
I would like to set up a direct debit to give a small sum each month to Four Paws. I can't see how to use Just Giving to do this. Please could you tell me what to do?
Thanks.

love our poundies

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 17:34:53 PM »
I would like to set up a direct debit to give a small sum each month to Four Paws. I can't see how to use Just Giving to do this. Please could you tell me what to do?
Thanks.

Hi Meryl ,

thats a very kind gesture , it dosn't look like you can donate monthly on just giving  :shrug:

I will ask our treasurer how we can let you set this up via our bank account

I will send you a pm ( private message ) when I have an answer

julie x

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 17:57:53 PM »

Hi Meryl,

Thank you for your support.  I've sent you a PM with a couple of options either via Standing Order or Justgiving.

Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

love our poundies

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 18:22:23 PM »
thankyou oh lovely Fran .......... you are a mind of fourpaws information  ;D