Florence

Author Topic: Your Fundraising Event / Idea  (Read 11471 times)

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
Re: Your Fundraising Event / Idea
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
jo. xx

i know jennah has done a sky dive so will have more info but kaz was going to do one last year & i think it's something like u have to raise at least £3000 in sponsor money and £1000 of that has to pay for your sky dive. i may be wrong though x

My son jimmie and his mates would love to do something this year, i was thinking assault course (like matt did) or a band festival of some sort (most of them play instruments)....does anyone have any idea's. Jimmie is 16 soon and his mates ages range from 18 to 20. most of them are also cadets. xx any idea's welcome. they are willing to do all the work to set something up x
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 13:20:35 PM »
Something I've always liked the idea of is a it's a knockout style tournament, but i'm not sure how much money you need upfront to cover costs.

With the Go-Ape thing like Matt did I wonder if you could have a timed competition to add a bit of a competitive element and have a prize for the winner?  I guess you would need to check with Go-Ape whether they would be happy with that.

Before Caz who was a foster mentioned an outside assault cause type thing somewhere in Wales which looked quite good.
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 14:02:17 PM »
I'm sorting out another clairvoyant night with Leigh & another great medium called Michaela  :wave:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 14:22:13 PM »
I'm sorting out another clairvoyant night with Leigh & another great medium called Michaela  :wave:

i'll be there...lol
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 17:30:50 PM »
We are relooking at walking the Usk. Logistics take some working as need digs that accept dogs and Daniel and to travel light as won't have a vehicle transporting our bags. Thinking maybe Caerleon to Abergavenny - 2 days as follows the Usk proper whereas the bit from Abergavenny to Brecon tends to follow the canel.
Very early days so may not get further than paper but would love to do it. A support car would be great to transport bags between digs.....
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

love our poundies

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 19:04:24 PM »

I'm having a moment of madness  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: but how does this skydiving lark work (skip the jumping out of plane bit!). If, say me and Steve decided to both do tandem jumps would we have to find the money for the jump or would it come out of sponsor money? Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?
I am terrified of heights and would be hopeless but it would feel like such an achievement to do something like that and it's one of those now or never moments. I'm not saying we will but we're thinking about it. Any information/advice gratefully received. x

Omg Jo  :o        you will deserve a medal if you see this through  :bowdown:

maggie this was a fantastic event last time .......... everyone really enjoyed it

thankyou for thinking of us again  :-*

We are relooking at walking the Usk. Logistics take some working as need digs that accept dogs and Daniel and to travel light as won't have a vehicle transporting our bags. Thinking maybe Caerleon to Abergavenny - 2 days as follows the Usk proper whereas the bit from Abergavenny to Brecon tends to follow the canel.
Very early days so may not get further than paper but would love to do it. A support car would be great to transport bags between digs.....

sounds just the ticket for dog owners Audrey  ........ well done Mrs
maybe this could be done as The rainbow walk as we haven't done that for a while  :thinkin:  :clap:

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 22:18:37 PM »
Quote from: love our poundies link

maybe this could be done as The rainbow walk as we haven't done that for a while  :thinkin:  :clap:

Think it's a tad long for the Rainbow Walk being 24 miles  :hide:

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

sounds just the ticket for dog owners Audrey  ........ well done Mrs
maybe this could be done as The rainbow walk as we haven't done that for a while  :thinkin:  :clap:

Think it's a tad long for the Rainbow Walk being 24 miles  :hide:

Isn't the Usk walk longer than 24 miles (more like 48-50 miles)

There are campsites not far away from route
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:49:26 AM by FrankieBeee »

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 17:11:04 PM »

Think it's a tad long for the Rainbow Walk being 24 miles  :hide:

Isn't the Usk walk longer than 24 miles (more like 48-50 miles)

There are campsites not far away from route

Yes Penny it is but as stated in my original post I am only planning to walk to Abergavenny - 24 miles. Plus I don't fancy carrying all my camping stuff and walking distances then pitching at the end of the day with a 10yr old and Peppa. B&B more workable.

Offline winterwren

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
Im going to raffle off all thse little bears that were donated when I get the chance

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
oh I three little teddies in my office someone gave me for FP but I have not remembered to bring to an event - I will give them to someone at P4T!
Dx
Four Paws Bo, Muttley and Tipsy
Remembering Molly, Teddy, Japser and Louis

Offline Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 18:57:18 PM »
:wave:  i usually add a few teddies to the prize tombola :wave:
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 19:19:04 PM »
Marina I've got loads of sacks of soft toys here when you need them  :wave:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 20:08:42 PM »
Thanks Maggie... :wave:......will you be able to bring them to the next Paws4tea in Feb?

I've got a load for the teddy tombola, but can always do with more for the next events :wave:
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 23:07:47 PM »
Hoping to come wiv me heart shaped Welsh cakes  :wave: