Author Topic: Your Fundraising Event / Idea  (Read 10903 times)

love our poundies

Your Fundraising Event / Idea
« on: January 16, 2012, 22:07:28 PM »
 :wave:

To help us keep track of Totals raised on your fundraising event / Idea  ......... please post details of your event here including the date it took place and the final Grand Total  so we can add it to the Target Thermometer  :bowdown:

we would love to hear all your news on how your event went and of course photos will be an added bonus for us to all enjoy  ;D  
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 19:54:17 PM by love our poundies »

Offline Deirdre

• Fundraising
  • Sid, Sam & Suki
Re: Your Fundraising Event / Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
:wave: I don't know if either of these would be possible but hopefully they could raise some much-needed funds for very little effort (and no cost!). How about:

(1) a fun online 'match the baby to the member' photo competition...
Ask for volunteers (all forum members) who would be prepared to submit 2 photos of themselves, a recent one and one of them as a baby or young child. It could be a one-off event to start, and depending on interest/entries/if you had plenty of photo offers, it could be run as a monthly event with say 20-25 pairs of pictures, £1 to enter, half the proceeds to Four Paws, half to the person with the most correct guesses (or a max win of say £25 if more than 50 entered?). Not sure how it would work if more than 1 person had the most correct entries though, unless someone can think of a tie break question or something? Maybe a pet version on the same lines?

(2) Four Paws member's dog of the week...
Everyone has a favourite photo of their pet(s). For a fee of say £10, could we offer to post the pic on the website and the forum as the 'FP member's dog of the week' (making sure it was obvious that this was not a dog looking for a home!). If there was enough interest to do it every week, it could be an easy way of raising £520 in a year. Or would this detract from the dogs looking for homes?

And finally, how can we push the use of 'easy fundraising'? So many people shop online these days, and it is such a simple way of raising funds at no extra cost.

love our poundies

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 20:36:05 PM »
Deidre  :wave:

if you want to try to get this idea off the ground why not try setting it up in the peoples fund raising section ........ I will be keeping an eye on this section too as it all counts to our target .......  http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php?board=160.0

you never know it might generate some interest  :clap:

failing that how about trying the baby photo idea at work with your colleagues ........ it sure would cause a giggle in the office  :rofl:

julie xx

Offline winterwren

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 20:37:43 PM »
to make it doubly hard you could match the baby and the dog to the person. Now that would make things difficult!

Offline Lydia

• Niziblian Jewellery
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 20:39:25 PM »
oh I have some lovely baby pics - my own mum called me 'alien' because my head was so wonky  :weeping:
Jewellery maker, Wife, Mum, Dog Fosterer, Accident Prone.

Offline winterwren

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 20:42:51 PM »
Wedding donations: £85
Donations for Maggies Welshcakes £50

Total: £135  ;D

love our poundies

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 20:54:13 PM »
Wedding donations: £85
Donations for Maggies Welshcakes £50

Total: £135  ;D

thankyou Seran  I will go and add you shortly  :beer:

:needpics:

Offline winterwren

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 22:13:46 PM »
Youll have to send the  :needpics: to Lydia as her hubby took the pics  ;D  :rofl1:

Offline Lydia

• Niziblian Jewellery
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 22:17:09 PM »
ohhh you'll be getting no previews from him! Bride first!

Offline winterwren

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 22:55:21 PM »
<---sulking lol

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 22:56:19 PM »
cant we see just one???? lol
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Offline Lydia

• Niziblian Jewellery
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »
 :nono:

love our poundies

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 18:47:10 PM »

Offline Deirdre

• Fundraising
  • Sid, Sam & Suki
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 19:31:15 PM »
failing that how about trying the baby photo idea at work with your colleagues ........ it sure would cause a giggle in the office  :rofl:
julie xx
Can't do it in work sorry Julie - we have 3 charities of the year so all proceeds go to them....  :doh:

Offline Kamarupa

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
I'm having a moment of madness  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: but how does this skydiving lark work (skip the jumping out of plane bit!). If, say me and Steve decided to both do tandem jumps would we have to find the money for the jump or would it come out of sponsor money? Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?
I am terrified of heights and would be hopeless but it would feel like such an achievement to do something like that and it's one of those now or never moments. I'm not saying we will but we're thinking about it. Any information/advice gratefully received. x
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. ~Author Unknown