Florence

Author Topic: Don't leave your dog in the car posters  (Read 2763 times)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Don't leave your dog in the car posters
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »

Dogs Today magazine have produced this poster.  Please feel free to print off and display these as appropriate.

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/Penny_Posters/Dont_cook_your_dog.pdf

We will be displaying them at our Show as well.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Re: Don't leave your dog in the car posters
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:16:51 AM »

This news from Dogs Today  :'(

Breaking news just in - we are hearing reports of a dog dying today in a car at the CLA Game Fair. Early reports are that it was an exhibitor. Dog found unconscious in car, windscreen broken to get dog out - but too far gone. RSPCA now checking to see if they were involved. Please get behind our campaign... this must stop.

Please, please download and display the poster.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »
RIP little one  :'(
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »
Soooo sad - soooo needless  :cryblow: :rant:, have lots of fun at the bridge little one
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Steffan

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 13:44:55 PM »
This maybe an old topic but particularly relevant at the moment as summer seems to have arrived, I know it's a shock but these posters should be placed anywhere and everywhere!
I live opposite Castle Meadows where a lot of people walk their dogs, I have printed off a couple of these and stuck them in my window, I would encourage everyone to do something similar and also stick them up in your car windows or on notice boards anywhere people walk their dogs, this weather can be deadly to a dog locked in a car in minutes as I'm sure everyone on these forums knows, please make sure that others are educated!

Free downloads to print are located here:
http://www.dogstodaymagazine.co.uk/dontcookyourdog/downloads.htm
http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator/LocateAsset?asset=image&assetId=1232730974723&imageSize=original&mode=prd

Offline Steffan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 15:52:04 PM »
I just took a copy of the dogs today and RSPCA posters to my local Waitrose in Abergavenny and asked the manager if he would help save a dogs life and place one or both where people entering the store could see them, not only did he say he was happy to do so but they also asked if I could drop two more copies in. I happily did this and also slipped in a form to request FP were an nominated charity for their monthly green token collection....

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 18:03:24 PM »
Poor dog :(

Good idea Steffan targeting supermarkets - I will see if our local one will put some up and put one in my car :)

I'm on a train right now and I think I will design a human version of the poster too....
Dx
Four Paws Bo, Muttley and Tipsy
Remembering Molly, Teddy, Japser and Louis

Offline Steffan

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 19:26:11 PM »

Lot's of people do a shop on the way back from walking their dog, which is the worst time as the dog is already hot so as many supermarkets as possible should be targeted.I just got back from the local Aldi, the only other supermarket in town with it's own car park, I found the store manager, asked the same question and got a reply from the other end of the spectrum, the classic "It's against company policy".  Aldi may be cheap but Waitrose have shown in this instance they also care about the community and the issues that concern it, I would also say that Waitrose have very good offers on that in spite of it's general perception of being expensive means you can save a lot of money on certain products, maybe the cheapest stores aren't always the best choice for either the wallet or the conscience....

Abergavenny is a town of dog lovers, you see so many in town everyday and a lot of shops have a dogs welcome sign in the window, I am thinking of emailing the Chronicle, the local paper, with the details of my experience today....

A human version? I did an online search and I did find a few with don't leave your child or dog in the car so this would be good, maybe we can have a four paws version to not only hammer home this message but raise awareness for FP as well.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 19:34:17 PM by Steffan »