Author Topic: School Talk - Cefn Onn Primary School Cardiff  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Trudes

• RIPJoey Xxxxxxx <3<3<3<3<3
School Talk - Cefn Onn Primary School Cardiff
« on: March 03, 2011, 22:47:17 PM »
Hi  :wave:

Today Dawn (Welshdana) & myself went along to Cefn Onn Primary School in Llanishen Cardiff and had a lovely informal chat firstly with 26 primary school children,who asked lots of questions about Four Paws and told us all about the pets they had. They enjoyed lovely cuddles and kisses from Izzy & Blue (Dawns Dog) who both behaved very well  :pathead: they both were asleep on the stage whilst we talked and then lay down quietly whilst being stroked by the children  :D The teachers seemed very interested too especially one who they said would be first in line for cuddles on Saturday  :rofl:

The Deputy Head asked who they could help us as a school to raise money so we said about a decorated box they could make and collect items for the dogs or bring in any items that we could sell or use at events,which they seemed keen to do  :woohoo: The children enjoyed it so much they didn't want to go back into their classrooms.

We then met 16 nursery school children who were a bit shy at first but soon came around when Blue & Izzy went amongst them and gave them lots of kisses and lay down nicely to be stoked by the children.  :pathead: :clap:

The Deputy Head was very thankful to us for going and talking to the children and she also gave us a personal donation  :clap:

During our visit with the nursery children a teacher took some pictures and will be emailing them to me shortly,which I will upload onto this thread for you to see.

I will also contact the school in a few days to get some feedback from them.

I would again like to thank Dawn (& Blue)for her help and support  :clap: :hug: ;D

Julieann

Re: School Talk - Cefn Onn Primary School Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 22:50:12 PM »
 :bowdown: my hat goes off to the pair of you, dealing with all those children and 2 dogs as well - well done  :hug:

Offline Abba AJ

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 23:12:21 PM »
Yes fantastic effort, not an easy task. Well done girls and dogs of course  :wave: :wave:
LIVE NOW AGE LATER!

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
Well done both and paws it is great for the children  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mad about dogs

Offline MadCass&Bob

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:18 AM »
sounds brilliant - and if we can educate the young people about sensible pet ownership we should see improvements in the long term!! Well done girls  :clap:  :bowdown: :bowdown:

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
Well done girls & dogs - I bet the faces on the children were a treat to see  :luv: :bowdown: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.