Author Topic: Stories  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Weniben

Stories
« on: February 27, 2011, 19:29:17 PM »
I have been reading the stories of happily home pets and even the blog of dogs with fosterers and was thinking how about making a book with these stories I know this would take a while to collect and sort into suitable short stories but there are great ones in there and could call it life after kennels or something.  What does everyone think? :-\
Maybe I thinking to far out of the box ??? wendy

love our poundies

Re: Stories
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 19:39:10 PM »
hi Wendy ............ any ideas are always welcome

I wonder if we could do a leaflet of success stories or a poster of success stories if a book is not possible  :shrug:

they could be used at shows and events to promote the wonderful feeling of how much a rescue dog can enrich your life

Offline Jennah

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 20:35:53 PM »
I think its a lovely idea   :)

Offline winterwren

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 21:26:00 PM »
I wanted to do this when I first came to fp, there was a book published by Dogs Trust just full of rehoming stories - I think it was called "Give a dog a home" or somthing. I suppose we have the material we would have to find someone to sponsor us and printing costs which would be huuuuge. It would be a very big project but not totally unachievable.

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 21:32:58 PM »
i think someone mentioned this the other day but we could have some sort of on line blog. my dad's an ambulance driver and had heard about this guy who's a paramedic in london, he blogged a daily journal of his events in work and it took off so well he eventually had it published, it's called blood, sweat and tea i think. anyway the book is brilliant and it all started as an online diary.  :dunno:
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Offline winterwren

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 21:36:13 PM »
oooh now that would be a good place to start I imagine  ;D Anyone interested?

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 21:37:20 PM »
maybe we could open it up to fosterers at first, they could each give a detailed story about fosters, then eventually maybe open it up to adopters??

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Julieann

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 21:38:02 PM »
George suggested it .. Considering that Jackson already has his own blog,  and some of us add tales of our animals as well .. it could be done  ;D

Offline winterwren

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 21:38:42 PM »
good idea, so fosterers to submit a story and then we could then invite the adoptee to comment if they want. Sounds good to me

Offline winterwren

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 21:39:45 PM »
It would have to be previewed before being submitted, I wouldnt think an 'open' blog would be appropriate.

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 21:41:53 PM »
open blogs would just attract spammers

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 21:48:06 PM »
ok my idea of this would be to, and i dunno how u go about doing this but. have a new webblog separate to the forum, each foster work on a piece on they're own computer in they're own time about a foster or fosters, the piece should read as a short story, then when the piece is finished they could post it on the site. if then the adopter wants to say something about the dog in it's forever home they can write they're piece and forward it to the foster or trustee for them to submit it where it should be......??? ideas please???? lol

Offline winterwren

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 21:56:05 PM »
Sounds good so far, I know nothing about blogs mind  :shrug:

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 21:57:10 PM »
ooooooo but i've just found out kaz knows a little about it. will get her online to see what she knows :)

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 22:29:49 PM »
Ask George (Sym) re blogs as he has one  ;D
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.