Florence

Author Topic: Dog-friendly holiday cottages in Paisley area?  (Read 1626 times)

Tuppence

Dog-friendly holiday cottages in Paisley area?
« on: September 10, 2010, 15:03:20 PM »
Hi all,

I have to go to a wedding in Paisley at the end of November, and as it's such a long way to go, I thought I'd turn it into a holiday & take my parents as they would love to visit Scotland again but can't drive that far themselves any more.  (Having two dog-sitters on hand for the wedding has nothing to do with it  ;D)  Does anyone have any recommendations for dog-friendly self-catering places in the area?

tosca

Re: Dog-friendly holiday cottages in Paisley area?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 19:27:58 PM »
Hi

I have PM'd you

Tuppence

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 17:27:32 PM »
Thanks to Tosca's help with good areas to look & websites to try, I've booked a holiday cottage at Craigton Cottages on Loch Lomond. Will let you know how I get on in December.

Tuppence

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 15:22:11 PM »
Just back.  We stayed at Quarry Cottage, though I think all 3 cottages were built at the same time, so expect the standards to be the same in all.  In spite of the horrendous weather, we were lovely & warm inside, and had a woodburner with unlimited wood.  There is a private shortcut through woodland down to the village of Luss, which took about 15 minutes to walk to.  Huge area of Glebe land which is livestock free so good for dog walks.  There is also a shorter walk along the banks of the loch (And yes, I have already heard all the jokes about 'Bonnie on the Banks of Loch Lomond...SEVERAL times...! ::))   

The garden is shared by all three cottages and is not fenced off, so probably not ideal for people with young children or dogs that are prone to wandering or for people wanting peace and privacy, as it would depend very much on who was booked in to the adjoining cottages.  (We had the other guests' kids playing on our patio & peering in at the windows!)  But it would be ideal for holidaying with friends, especially if there were enough people to book all 3 cottages.  Oh, and carpet in the bedrooms, but wood floor everywhere else, so easy to clean up snowy paw marks!  ;D