Florence

Author Topic: Behaviourist and Trainer - Cardiff Area  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Bunter

Behaviourist and Trainer - Cardiff Area
« on: September 10, 2010, 14:09:16 PM »
Caroline Cowan

Cardiff Canine Citizens

Tel: 02920 312423
Mobile: 07817 314 142

Email: cardiffcaninecitizens@hotmail.co.uk

Initially I began holding dog training classes for Coleg Glan Hafren Tertiary College as part of a Saturday class pilot scheme. However, the response to these classes was so overwhelming that I started classes at Roath Community Hall in Roath, Cardiff. These too took off and, responding to even greater demand, I started classes at Buttrills Community Hall in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. The Cardiff classes are now based at Belmont Baptist Church Hall, Taymuir Road, Cardiff.

After I had gained suitable, extensive practical experience and achieved nationally recognised academic qualifications, I progressed to becoming a canine behaviourist/psychologist.

I have appeared on television on Wales Today and ITV Wales, on Radio Wales and numerous times in print in the Barry and District, Penarth Times and the South Wales Echo.

Qualifications:
Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Canine Behaviour and Training awarded by Bishop Burton College in Yorkshire and I have also completed a Foundation Degree (FdSc), awarded in partnership with Hull University.

Completed a BSc (Hons) degree course in Canine Behaviour and Training.

Full Member of the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers (MBIPDT) and I am also a student member working towards accreditation of the Kennel Club Accreditation Scheme for Instructors in Dog Training & Canine Behaviour.

May 2010, achieved a National Certificate in Canine First Aid awarded by The European School of Veterinary Postgraduate Studies in association with Dogs Trust and Your Dog Magazine.

Certified Temperament Test Assessor for Pets as Therapy (PAT) and visitor.

Caroline is a friend of Four Paws and will make a donation to us for every Four Paws dog she sees :), as long as it is mentioned at the time of booking.  Apart from that, she is a good trainer and behaviourist!  Please feel free to refer people to her.