Author Topic: Random Musings No. 16  (Read 29866 times)

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
Random Musings No. 16
« on: August 11, 2010, 19:21:40 PM »
and away we go

Offline Kazoo

• Princess Buffski and prince Liquiebum :D
Re: Random Musings No. 16
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 19:48:11 PM »
For all facebook users, we now have a Fourpaws "page" where i can post updates and pictures of dogs needed forever homes, please add it and suggest your friends to it, so we can get the word around. also if you havent added the four paws facebook group then please do ;) Many thanks
Kaz x
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 20:07:06 PM by Pebs & bubs (Leane & Kaz) »
Owned by Four paws Baby Liquie, Princess Buffski, and Never forgetting Bridge Beauty Tess

Offline Love Our Oldies

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 19:49:44 PM »
on there invited all my friends to join a few months ago ;D
Hapiness is an Old Grey Nose

jetty

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 20:44:53 PM »
just added it

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 22:38:32 PM »
Was looking at alternative pet insurance as my insurers have increased the premiums by 117%  :hide:
One site had a section on dogs they can not insure, included on the list were American and Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers - didn't realise there were different nationalities so assume all ours are English and Welsh and therefore insurable  :dunno:  ;D
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 22:58:45 PM »
Was looking at alternative pet insurance as my insurers have increased the premiums by 117%  :hide:
One site had a section on dogs they can not insure, included on the list were American and Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers - didn't realise there were different nationalities so assume all ours are English and Welsh and therefore insurable  :dunno:  ;D

Irish staffies are slighlty different to ours and more like American pitbulls - the staffies we have are Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »

Irish staffies are slighlty different to ours and more like American pitbulls - the staffies we have are Staffordshire Bull Terriers

I know from being an Animal Cops Houston etc addict :hide:, that American Staffies have a lot thinner faces than our ones  ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Julieann

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 20:15:02 PM »
 :woohoo: Mum's coming home tomorrow  ;D She's doing well they've decided so she's allowed home for now, but if there's any sign of weight loss she'll have to go back in. However she was originally told she'd have her op maybe in 6 months time, instead they're talking 4 to 6 weeks  :woohoo: I need a smilie  that gives a huge sigh Jo  :D

Julieann

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10:50 AM »
Ok, hospital's just phoned, mum has an infection so won't be home today after all  :(

Meanwhile, sitting here with a cuppa and Mac and Stella having yet another crazy playtime around me  :crazy:  with orders to get out of the room occasionally since Mac will insist on getting under the table ::) at the last order Mac jumped back hitting my chair  :handbag: and suddenly I dropped a few inches as he knocked the bar that lowers the chair  :rofl:

Offline Kazoo

• Princess Buffski and prince Liquiebum :D
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
Did anyone see any shooting stars last night ?

They were amazing and so so pretty  :cloud9: , so i made a few wishes and hopefully four paws will be recieving a million pound check very soon if one of my wishes came true....lol  :rofl1:

Owned by Four paws Baby Liquie, Princess Buffski, and Never forgetting Bridge Beauty Tess

Julieann

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

They were amazing and so so pretty  :cloud9: , so i made a few wishes and hopefully four paws will be recieving a million pound check very soon if one of my wishes came true....lol  :rofl1:

It was the Perseids meteor shower I remember reading about and seeing it last year  ;D

Offline Debby

• Ffion x
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »

Wouldn't that be fantastic! My little £10 cheque will be on its way, wish I could make it a million  :'(
Did I hear someone say that there are over 900 members on the forum now? Or am I dreaming  :crazy:

Just thought how fab it would be if everyone could donate £1 then that would be a lot of money coming to four paws wouldn't it?  :legit:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AM by Debby »
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice!

Offline AnnaW

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »
Does anyone know what the normal salary is for animal care workers (kennel assistant)? An opportunity might have come up - but I'm not going to jinx it by telling you about it until after the weekend.

I was determined that today would be better than the last few but it's not started well. My colleagues who are also being make redundant have their jobs until December and are talking about getting training in before they go etc which I don't have time to do. It really sucks!  :weeping: Yesterday I had to go to a client meeting and sell ORS as being wonderful and then had been in the office 10 mins before being summoned to a meeting about bringing in more work. How insensitive can you get?  :rage: Also my car's just died so it's at the garage and I'm waiting to find out how much of my precious money that's going to take. What a rubbish week. :(

I didn't see any shooting stars and we walked at 10 last night.
I love my dogs more than chocolate!

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
At my Spiritual Centre last night I made an appeal for tombola/raffle items, at the end of the evening a lovely lady came up to me & gave me £20  :clap: :clap:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Debby

• Ffion x
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »
Oh Maggie some people are so kind, thats so lovely well done  :wave:

Anna, someone I know works in kennels for £6 an hour x
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:44:22 AM by Debby »
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice!