Author Topic: Random musings - number 13  (Read 29814 times)

Offline emilyjw

Random musings - number 13
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »
Ooh the power!

World cup starts today  :woohoo: can have a few days of being optimisitc  :beer:
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline AnnaW

Re: Random musings - number 13
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
World cup starts today  :woohoo: can have a few days of being optimisitc  :beer:

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Now I won't see my oh during the weekends either (he's still working away  >:( ) although I'm relieved he's not there to subject me to football during the week. I think I would have sent him back had he come back now!  :wave:

Benji has a sore nose. He decided to bury his chew in my slate kitchen floor and has scraped all the skin off the top - again.  :doh: I got back to blood all over my mat, door and skirting board.  :handbag: Does he not realise the slate is fixed down? It's never going to shift for his nose. Stupid dog!
I love my dogs more than chocolate!

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »
Oh Benji however determined you are it isn't going to move.

My OH isn't interested in football, so I have to struggle to get it on. I have to be honest and say I watch most sport....

Hope your interview goes well next week, must be getting closer to the end of the process now  ;D

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
Meant to say Peppa, hope your Zaffy is mended in time to come to the yeovil show so I can see the lovely Peppa... we're hoping we won't have to take aaron to hospital this year...

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Meant to say Peppa, hope your Zaffy is mended in time to come to the yeovil show so I can see the lovely Peppa... we're hoping we won't have to take aaron to hospital this year...

Pep and I will be with you, we have the use of an Astra (no pets allowed, however as long as I hoover up her fur it's fine or they'll charge me valeting). Jaz is Going Ape in the Forest of Dean for a friend's birthday, can't understand it  :shrug: - Dog Show or Go Ape  :thinkin:  Dog Show every time  :rofl:

Should have said wrist permitting - am having to rest it so can make the drive on Sunday (fingers crossed).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:08:51 AM by Peppa »
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline Love Our Oldies

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Going to pick up Cherrys ashes today. Sam (Sampa) has very kindly bought me a cherry blossom tree for the back garden.
Hapiness is an Old Grey Nose

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
Going to pick up Cherrys ashes today. Sam (Sampa) has very kindly bought me a cherry blossom tree for the back garden.

Our Thoughts travel with you Tracey  :hug: The Diva is coming home.
How is Mr K ?
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline Bunter

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

:hug:

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »

BIG  :hug:s for you Tracey, what a lovely thing for Sam to give you - a Cherry blossom tree  :luv:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »

:hug: Thats a lovely memorial to her.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline AnnaW

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »

That's what I thought. They are my favourite trees - special tree for a special girl. Perfect colour too.
 :hug: I hope today's not too hard. I'm thinking of you. xxx
I love my dogs more than chocolate!

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

That's just so perfect...our thoughts are with you today Tracey :hug:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline Pez

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
Hi Julie and Audrey, thank you both for helping with the metal stick things for the show ring :) I will send you both a pm x
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline Love Our Oldies

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »
Mr Kips is doing really well. He is getting company next week. My housemates dog is moving in. Oscar a rescue greyhound.
Hapiness is an Old Grey Nose

Offline Bunter

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
Today is Friday - therefore it is spend several hours in the hospital day  :-\

I got a phone call from my sister before 7:00 this morning just saying to go to my mum's - now.  I duly flung on yesterday's clothes and ran outside.  There was an ambulance outside my mum's house  :o  Now, my mum is 82 next month and I was only thinking to myself the other day how well she has always been.  She still goes for about a 4 mile walk every Sunday.  She can't manage the 10 miles walks any more  ;D

Anyway - there she was sat in her chair looking very ill indeed  :(.  She could hardly breathe with the pain and was clammy and a funny colour.  She was clutching her chest  :-\  The paramedics were fab, did an ECG, etc, etc.  Thought it best she went into hospital with them.   Oh and silly moo said it started about 9.30 pm yesterday  ::) but hadn't told anyone til the morning.  This is a woman that will not even take a pill for a headache so for her to complain of feeling ill, it must have been bad.

Anyway - long story short - she had several ECGs, blood tests, an ultrasound, various people peering at her, questioning her and prodding her.  The pain lessened a lot while she was there.  All the tests came back as normal and so the diagnosis is likely gastritis, which can apparently be very painful.

She is back home now and has gone to bed.  *Phew*  ;D