Author Topic: Radyr & Morganstown 'Sidings Sizzler' POSTPONED to Saturday 19 June  (Read 10224 times)

Offline Love Our Oldies

Re: Radyr & Morganstown 'Sidings Sizzler' Saturday 8 May
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 20:47:15 PM »
sounds like a great day. but hopefully in another country by then aslong as volcanic ash cloud beahaves. :rage:

Lucky thing.  Are you going somewhere sunny??   We really need a green with envy emoticon thingy!

SPAIN  ;D
Hapiness is an Old Grey Nose

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
Just checking this out on the map. Noted there is no parking close to the Sidings, is it best to park at the Station?
Also which is the best way to get to you from Jct 32, would it be to go past Penny's (A4054) to the roundabout and back up A4119. Or Go up A470 and down B4262 to A4119 ?
Please help as I will get lost anyway  :redface:
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
Just checking this out on the map. Noted there is no parking close to the Sidings, is it best to park at the Station?
Also which is the best way to get to you from Jct 32, would it be to go past Penny's (A4054) to the roundabout and back up A4119. Or Go up A470 and down B4262 to A4119 ?
Please help as I will get lost anyway  :redface:

You and me both Audrey  ;D  :redface:

Someone local will reply I'm sure but I think we need the A470.  Not sure about parking so I'll be glad of a pointer too.

xx
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Julieann

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »
I was just about to write a reply when I got notice of another post - you Fran :)
A470 Come through Morganstown under the motorway bridge into Radyr pass the shops on your right and take the next left which is Kings road. As you go down there is a long road down to a bottom roundabout, turn right there and the road goes up and over the tracks.
Parking in lower stretch of Kings Road, along the stretch to the bridge and the estate itself I still have to check out as it'ss all new and I haven't explored it yet  :redface: dad has and I think he's got a photo of the area but will confirm tomorrow or Friday  ;D

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »
I was just about to write a reply when I got notice of another post - you Fran :)
A470 Come through Morganstown under the motorway bridge into Radyr pass the shops on your right and take the next left which is Kings road. As you go down there is a long road down to a bottom roundabout, turn right there and the road goes up and over the tracks.
Parking in lower stretch of Kings Road, along the stretch to the bridge and the estate itself I still have to check out as it'ss all new and I haven't explored it yet  :redface: dad has and I think he's got a photo of the area but will confirm tomorrow or Friday  ;D

Thanks Julie  :hug: you know my navigation skills are legendary  :redface:  :rofl1:

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 11:24:34 AM »
Think I'll need a mobile number PM'ing  :hide:
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
I'm walking there and back

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »
Think I'll need a mobile number PM'ing  :hide:

I'll PM you mine in case you need it.  Julie, please can I have yours again too?  xx

Offline Pez

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
Hi All, I haven't had last weeks items back yet and have the elections all day tomorrow, maybe its best for Simon to drop what he has there with someone who will be going sat and if Kirsty you could use the tombola items you have that would be fab xx
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline floras mummy

• Flora Dora the Explorer :)
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 16:49:10 PM »
Is there a charge to get in?
Dogs are miracles with paws!
Susan Kennedy

Julieann

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 17:07:46 PM »
Nope No charge to get in though some of the activites may have a small charge  :)

passing on phone numbers and I made a mistake  :doh: shops will be on your left - not right - sorry  :hide:

Well if all else fails and we can't run a tombola, which would be a shame, then we can always treat it like a big meet and greet  ;D

Offline LynneJRT

• JRT's Munchkins, Scooter & Oscar
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 17:17:21 PM »

Well if all else fails and we can't run a tombola, which would be a shame, then we can always treat it like a big meet and greet  ;D
[/quote]

Julie, where is the Tombola you need collecting? Lynne

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
        --Ghandi--

Julieann

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 17:21:03 PM »

Julie, where is the Tombola you need collecting? Lynne

[/quote]

Simon had the remainder of the stall from Saturday and Kirsty said she had some ... problem is the tombola that Simon has was supposed to go to Pez so she could add to it and then Matt was going to liaise with Alison  :thinkin: I think that was supposed to be the sequence .. not sure how we're supposed to do it all now  :shrug:

Offline LynneJRT

• JRT's Munchkins, Scooter & Oscar
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 17:27:03 PM »

Julie - re Tombola, well wondered if I could help by picking it up or some of it but it sounds confusing  ???
Is it in 3 places then  Simon's, Kirsty's and Pez's

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
        --Ghandi--

Julieann

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 17:30:27 PM »

Julie - re Tombola, well wondered if I could help by picking it up or some of it but it sounds confusing  ???
Is it in 3 places then  Simon's, Kirsty's and Pez's

Pez, you;re the best one for this .. please - not sure is the answer Lynne. It would be great if you could pick up stuff for Saturday  :hug:  but think we need more info from Pez and Simon first.