Author Topic: Radyr & Morganstown 'Sidings Sizzler' POSTPONED to Saturday 19 June  (Read 10206 times)

Julieann

PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SATURDAY 19 JUNE DUE TO THE WEATHER FORECAST. please see information on page 4

After the success of the R&M Fete on the 1st May we have been invited to bring the stall to this event that will be held at the Community Area, Lytchgate Gardens Radyr Sidings.
Alison and Julie have accepted the offer as long as we can put together another stall so soon.

As part of the Radyr and Morganstown Festival there will be a "Siding Sizzler" on Saturday 8th May 2010 from noon to early evening. In the afternoon there will be workshops for young people - drama, dance, music, graffitti, techno, circus skills, craft and loads of food ;)  Salon Nia are offering mini facials and mini manicures. Some of the events may incur a small cost but are running all afternoon. In the evening there will be a wine tasting event, barbecue and stalls.

Programme with Map of the area to be found here http://www.radyr.org.uk/holding/assortedpdf/Festival%20Brochure%202010-robins-version-2.pdf
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 18:37:23 PM by Bunter »

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
Re: Radyr & Morganstown 'Sidings Sizzler' Saturday 8th May
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 21:08:44 PM »
Ohhh Hubby in Italy with Dan ........ :thinkin: Jaz, Peppa and I can poss do this if we can find our way  :redface:
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Julieann

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 21:58:55 PM »
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl general area in Radyr where the event will be held. 

Julieann

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »
Ohhh Hubby in Italy with Dan ........ :thinkin: Jaz, Peppa and I can poss do this if we can find our way  :redface:

Great if you could make it Audrey  :) Jaz may enjoy some of the activities too

Julieann

Re: Radyr & Morganstown 'Sidings Sizzler' Saturday 8 May
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 13:33:23 PM »
As we won't know till Pez arrives home whether we can do this event or not. I still wanted to provisionally set this in action in case we do.

Penny can you send me via email a copy of your poster for the bag it bin it  ;) and also the flyers Alison mentioned please  :hug:

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 15:06:01 PM »
As we won't know till Pez arrives home whether we can do this event or not. I still wanted to provisionally set this in action in case we do.

Penny can you send me via email a copy of your poster for the bag it bin it  ;) and also the flyers Alison mentioned please  :hug:

I don't have it on disk as dog warden gave me the copies but will send other flyers by email

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 15:23:04 PM »
I'll bring down some books for this to sell as well - not many as we don't want to overload stuff

Julieann

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 17:05:19 PM »
I'll bring down some books for this to sell as well - not many as we don't want to overload stuff
It's a longer session .. I mean most of Saturdays event was done in 2 hours .. if the weather holds this is likely to be 6 or more hours with changing groups .. of course if wet will be a bit of a flop but there will be some around in the day and others early evening .. see what the weather holds  :shrug:

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 18:40:02 PM »

Great if you could make it Audrey  :) Jaz may enjoy some of the activities too
:pathead:

Think Jaz would be up for Graffitti, Crafts and Circus skills  :clap:  :clap:

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 19:15:27 PM »

Julie, I might be able to make this one.  I'd like to bring Millie as she's not getting much interest, surprisingly, but I don't know if it would be too busy for her ......  :hug:
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Julieann

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 21:48:12 PM »

Julie, I might be able to make this one.  I'd like to bring Millie as she's not getting much interest, surprisingly, but I don't know if it would be too busy for her ......  :hug:

Still have to confirm that we can run a stall with Perrie  :hug: If we do looks like it's going to be fun, if the weather stays ok. If Lisa's not free I'll make a couple of beds handy by moving some of the car boot stuff .. ;)

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 21:55:25 PM »

Can bring Peppa's crate and a blanket so we can hide her if it gets too much  :shrug: Plus I always bring the tie down and chain that can be secured in a quiet spot.

Julieann

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 21:57:13 PM »
With Mac and Rolo around she should be ok but yes sure bring what's needed

Offline Pez

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 16:46:16 PM »
Hi All, I dont think I am going to make this one, I will be working till 10am sat morning so we be able to set up anyways but just remembered I am working the elections 6am till 10pm Thursday and then going on to do the count 10pm untill around 3am and still have to go to work on Friday, think i will be dropping on my feet by the end of the day and sat all i will want to do it sleep :( Sorry guys.

Who has the three tubs from last weekend? I guess if we have an experienced person in running shows to man the stall, with help from others you could use whats in those tubs but from the feed back I have received I guess there's not much tombola left. And another thing would be getting tables and gazebo there.

I will leave it up to the trustees to decided if we can do it on not.

''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 17:23:41 PM »
I will be going to this (porbably for most of day if needed) + I know ali will be for some of the time as well