Author Topic: Millie, Forever Gorgeous  (Read 8044 times)

Offline hollyd443

Re: Millie - Gorgeous Black Lab - Fostered in Oxfordshire
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 17:04:08 PM »
I get a "failed foster" type feeling from that photo  :thinkin:   :)  ;)  ;D

Hmmm, can't think what you mean? te he he Its a goooorgeous piccie!  :luv:

Offline floras mummy

• Flora Dora the Explorer :)
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 17:10:59 PM »
that is a great photo Fran!!! :luv: I had the failed foster feeling from the very start.... :rofl:
Dogs are miracles with paws!
Susan Kennedy

winterwren

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 17:17:03 PM »
 police.gif Maybe not ideal to be talking about being a failed fosterer guys in millies thread x

Offline gizzydal

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 17:57:00 PM »
What a fantastic photo, they are all lovely!  :inlove:

Offline Saffy-isticated

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 19:18:24 PM »
What a gorgeous trio of labs  :inlove:

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 06:37:42 AM »

Millie's confidence is growing every day.  Yesterday I had a house-full, people and dogs and although she was nervous and submissive with the dogs at first - this only seems to happen in our garden, out on walks she's fine and after a quick sniff tends to ignore them - it didn't take long before she was running around with them.  She loves meeting new people but gets very excitable and tends to jump up.  She's a fast learner and its the humans who need the training not to give her attention when she does it  :nono:

There's been no signs of any aggression with food, she waits patiently while I put feed Dex & Maisie until she knows its her turn then she sits & gives paws.  Also no issues with toys, or beds - in fact she will happily give up either to my two.

She also fusses less now when I go out - when she was first here I put her in the kitchen when I went out, just to be sure there were no problems between the three dogs.  She hated that and once I started being able to leave them all together with the run of downstairs, she's much more relaxed.

We're loving having Mille but I know her perfect forever home is out there  :luv:
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline floras mummy

• Flora Dora the Explorer :)
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:38 AM »
She sounds like a typical lab Fran, gentle but lively at the same time. I think your right her new home is just round the corner :luv:
Dogs are miracles with paws!
Susan Kennedy

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
She sounds like a typical lab Fran, gentle but lively at the same time. I think your right her new home is just round the corner :luv:

:wave: I think you're right, she's just a little bit more nervous than the labs I've met before, but I'm positive thats due to her history so understandable  :hug:

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
Hard to believe that a week ago these two didn't like to be too close to each other, now the girls have really bonded and poor Dex is out in the cold, love him  :hug: :inlove:

And another where you can see her face better ...

Millie is the most amazing dog, she's adapted to living here so well and after the initial 'getting to know you' phase, which only lasted a couple of days, has been settled and happy.  We had a long walk this morning, me plus all three labs and they all behaved so well.  We met quite a number of other dogs, including a very yappy little terrier who was right in Millie's face but she just sniffed at him, wagged and walked away.  It was fab to see all three of them running around in the fields, wagging and smiling  :luv:

We also met a friend who had her three year old son with her and Millie was lovely and gentle with him, she just licked his face and made him giggle  :luv:

She's now much calmer when I leave her at home for an hour or two, and although she's always very pleased to see me when I get home, she's relaxed and happy, not stressy at all.

If you are interested in adopting Millie, we'd love to hear from you.  Details of our adoption procedures and adoption application form are  here

Edited to say that Millie shouldn't be homed with cats  :redface:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 16:22:07 PM by DextersMum »

Offline gizzydal

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 17:22:33 PM »

If you are interested in adopting Millie, we'd love to hear from you.  Details of our adoption procedures and adoption application form are  here

Sooooo tempted to press that button......   ;D She is lovely!

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 18:01:48 PM »

Sooooo tempted to press that button......   ;D She is lovely!

Sometimes its good to give in to temptation  ;D  She's the most gorgeous girl, at the moment she's curled up next to me on the stool, legs dangling off the edges because she's too big for it  :luv:

Offline Pez

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 18:49:31 PM »
We met the lovely Millie yesterday and what a stunner she is  :luv: she is so gentle, loves a cuddle and very good girl. If I didnt have 4 already she would have been coming home with me. Someone will be very lucky to have a lab like Millie. Hope you find your forever home soon beautiful girl xxx
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 21:29:47 PM »

She loved you Pez  ;D  It always makes me laugh to see a lab that thinks its a lap dog  :luv:

Offline Pez

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »
 :inlove: if only there was room x
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 19:57:40 PM »
The very beautiful Millie will be at the Radyr & Morganstown "Summer Sizzler" on Saturday http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php?topic=2574.0

** Cancelled by organisers due to weather forecast of high winds & heavy rain **
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:30:52 AM by DextersMum »