Florence

Author Topic: Other suggested venues  (Read 15922 times)

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
Re: Other suggested venues
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
I guess at the moment it's a case of looking at options and places volunteers are happy to go to, so if you think St Fagans is one then go ahead and ask  ;D

You have to realise all these places mean very little to someone so far from the bridge, I only do Cardiff, Newport and now Pengam (as have stayed at the hotel  :rofl1: )

St Fagan's is really easy to get to Em, its off Junc 33 M4 , & onto the link Rd down to Cardiff Bay (A4232) & its got its own turn off ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
Rail stations are good as well - you need really large buckets for them so people can chuck and run as they go past you

Plus there's the millennium stadium - will ask Annie (annother annie I know) who to contact

I have tried to get a collection done at the ice hockey but the guy just wouldn't answer my calls

Street collections - Cardiff (11 June), Caerphilly, Newport, Swansea, Blackwood (+ do PAH at same time), Monmouth, Bristol(?), Oxford(?)

My Ex's family literally run the show at the hockey Penny & I know we wouldn't do well at that one :-\ :rage:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 13:04:46 PM »
Rail stations are good as well - you need really large buckets for them so people can chuck and run as they go past you

Plus there's the millennium stadium - will ask Annie (annother annie I know) who to contact

I have tried to get a collection done at the ice hockey but the guy just wouldn't answer my calls

Street collections - Cardiff (11 June), Caerphilly, Newport, Swansea, Blackwood (+ do PAH at same time), Monmouth, Bristol(?), Oxford(?)

My Ex's family literally run the show at the hockey Penny & I know we wouldn't do well at that one :-\ :rage:

funny thing is one of my contact's who's involved with the hockey reckoned I would

Julieann

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 14:50:05 PM »

Even if I know the place names Pen, i pronounce them completely wrong  :dunno:

I live here and according to my mum I still pronounce them wrongly  ;) I blame my parents taking me out of Wales when I was 9  :rofl:

Offline sampa

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 08:36:33 AM »
I have been speaking to Ted's new owner and he does a lot with the Canal Trust, he suggested that we book a date at Fourteen Locks in Newport.  This is always a very busy place with dog walkers and people in general.  They do have the RSPCA there now and again and they generate a fair amount of money there. 

I do think this maybe better for possibly the spring, they do however have a room that could be used if we needed it.  The manager has 2 rescue dogs himself so saving rescues is pretty close to his heart.

Don't know what everyone thinks about this ?
xx Do all collies suffers with ADHD or is it just mine, but he is lush xx

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 08:44:39 AM »
Sounds good Sam, not idea of the location but could it be tied in with providing refreshments if there isn't anything there and the room could manage that? Or even microchipping?
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Jacky

• Fundraising
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
Sounds a great idea, don't know where it is but sounds a lovely location for the spring  ;D

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
Great idea & sounds an ideal location  :clap: :clap:
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline MadCass&Bob

• Fundraising
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 13:58:40 PM »
Helen (Tommy on here) has offered to do PAH Cwmbran if anyone can advise her on how to go about organising this?

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 17:38:00 PM »
Helen (Tommy on here) has offered to do PAH Cwmbran if anyone can advise her on how to go about organising this?

A PM to Penny (Frankiebeee) is probably the best option.
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Julieann

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 17:20:25 PM »
Seems Pugh's is going through some changes over the next few months re car parking and buildings so they've said they can't give us the gazebo space during the move round... There is a spot to the left of their main door and one between their exit doors that may be suitable so I'll leave it a week or 2 and then go back with a different suggestion and see what they say. Otherwise we won't be allowed back till September.

Offline Trudes

• RIPJoey Xxxxxxx <3<3<3<3<3
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 17:22:46 PM »
Never mind Julie thank you for your efforts  :clap: :clap: and hopefully we will get to stand by the doors soon  ;D

Offline Animal Magic

• www.poochesandponies.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »
Although a Newbie, I live in Cwmbran and will ask PAH if they will let us have an event.  Why not hand out flyers at bootsale, other events and while out walking the dogs !!!! This is how I started my successful business. :wave:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:35:13 AM by Animal Magic »
Cwmbran's answer to the petting zoo  !!!!!

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
Although a Newbie, I live in Cwmbran and will ask PAH if they will let us have an event.  Why not hand out flyers at bootsale, other events and while out walking the dogs !!!! This is how I started my successful business. :wave:

Thanks. I do the sorting out of Meet and greets at pets at home but we don't have any volunteers to actually lead an event there - another member who's no longer with us used to lead this one so we're looking for someone else (will need an experience four paws member to go along though so we have a vol). Its only a small venue though.

I and some others carry flyers with us when we walk dogs but I don't push them on to people - only if we stop to chat I will dig them out if its appropriate (I don't want people to start avoiding me because I might shove a leaflet in their faces - especially as I avoid people like this myself in town)

Car boots might be a good start though if anyone willing to do it - but not sure how it works re carboot organiser (at our own shows we make people give a donation to do this)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:39:41 PM by FrankieBeee »

Offline Dilly

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 16:45:53 PM »
Has anyone thought of the Out of the Woods event in Cardiff? Run by the council on Sun 21st Aug they seem to be having a dog show there this year! More info at www.cardiff.gov.uk/butepark.