Florence

Author Topic: Other suggested venues  (Read 15923 times)

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
Re: Other suggested venues
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 23:00:13 PM »
Awaiting dates from tesco meant to be  a priority for july to dec dates. Also pen was going to contact asda.

have done and they all came back as a no

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 06:02:22 AM »
We had a collection at Newport Gwent Dragons once, so it might be worth looking into rugby and football stadiums.

Like others have said there are also Newport and Cwmbran PAH but I'm not sure if we have anyone out that way now?
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 06:36:02 AM »
Are there any big farm shops, farmers markets we could get a stall at? Like this - http://www.riversidemarket.org.uk/ or this http://www.thornhillfarm.co.uk/ Obviously these are just ones I found on google...

A few rescues seem to be having m&g's etc at Countrywide stores anything like that or similar? We have one called Mole Falley Farmers but I think that's just the south west.

Offline LynneJRT

• JRT's Munchkins, Scooter & Oscar
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
Farmers Markets - listed here http://www.fmiw.co.uk/?function=marketsbyregion

Re above post - I will ask about Cowbridge Farmers Market, Vale of Glamorgan, only 10am - 1pm every other Saturday.  but they advertise as "All products sold have been grown, reared, caught, brewed, pickled, baked, smoked or processed by the stall holder" and with food there would be no dogs - so this one is a definite non starter.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:19:27 AM by LynneJRT »
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
        --Ghandi--

Offline AnnaW

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »
Are there any big farm shops, farmers markets we could get a stall at? Like this - http://www.riversidemarket.org.uk/ or this http://www.thornhillfarm.co.uk/ Obviously these are just ones I found on google...

A few rescues seem to be having m&g's etc at Countrywide stores anything like that or similar? We have one called Mole Falley Farmers but I think that's just the south west.

Style garden centre that Lynne mentioned is attached to a countrywide. I know they accept charities but don't know if they're full or not (Style is better for space though).
I love my dogs more than chocolate!

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
There's a farmers market in middle of Caerphily and another in Cowbridge every so often - both good areas

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
There's a farmers market in middle of Caerphily and another in Cowbridge every so often - both good areas

I guess the other option is a street collection on the same day as a farmers market if that is feasible?

Offline LynneJRT

• JRT's Munchkins, Scooter & Oscar
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »

Penny - see above re Cowbridge Farmers Market - looked into it am today  :)

Em - re street collection - have shopped there frequently and never seen a street collection

Julie update Farmers market held in private car park behing the main street. The main street is full of very upmarket shops referred to in Cardiff Guide book as "the Bond Street of South Wales" - tiny  pavements, that are difficult to negotiate with ordinary shoppers- can well see why there are no street collections in the main street. At Christmas they have to shut off the whole street for the parade which involves live reindeers shipped in from Lapland. But will enquire next time I am there.  :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:11:15 PM by LynneJRT »
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
        --Ghandi--

Julieann

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
I'd check with them all the same if the farmers markets are in the street then it;s worth finding out if street collections are allowed it;s only if they are in enclosed halls that dogs wouldn't be allowed. The St Fagans farmer market was outside the museum and dogs were around  :)
How about St Fagans  :shrug:

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »
I'd check with them all the same if the farmers markets are in the street then it;s worth finding out if street collections are allowed it;s only if they are in enclosed halls that dogs wouldn't be allowed. The St Fagans farmer market was outside the museum and dogs were around  :)
How about St Fagans  :shrug:

St Fagans might be a good one Julie as you can take your dogs in and everytime we've been there with kids & dogs there's been quite a few dog owners there  ;D, they even provide poobags ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:04 AM »
I guess at the moment it's a case of looking at options and places volunteers are happy to go to, so if you think St Fagans is one then go ahead and ask  ;D

You have to realise all these places mean very little to someone so far from the bridge, I only do Cardiff, Newport and now Pengam (as have stayed at the hotel  :rofl1: )

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
I guess at the moment it's a case of looking at options and places volunteers are happy to go to, so if you think St Fagans is one then go ahead and ask  ;D

You have to realise all these places mean very little to someone so far from the bridge, I only do Cardiff, Newport and now Pengam (as have stayed at the hotel  :rofl1: )

will have to give you a map from Christmas Em

Re Riverside market - that one is outside - its alongside the River Taff opposite the Millennium Stadium

Cardiff do these little stall things in town (outside in the Hayes/near St Davids Hall or just off Queen Street as well) but I think they charge £30 - these are ones that you'd have to really sell better quality stuff or at least brand new + they are outside so you could take a dog with you - they're those red/white striped little tent things.

There's also Splott market - Thursdays and Saturdays I think - we can do carboot stuff there or cheap pet stuff sold at a profit from Batleys or similar.

winterwren

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »
During my exstensive travelling over th last week I have spotted quite a few people collecting at service stations!

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
I guess at the moment it's a case of looking at options and places volunteers are happy to go to, so if you think St Fagans is one then go ahead and ask  ;D

You have to realise all these places mean very little to someone so far from the bridge, I only do Cardiff, Newport and now Pengam (as have stayed at the hotel  :rofl1: )

will have to give you a map from Christmas Em

Re Riverside market - that one is outside - its alongside the River Taff opposite the Millennium Stadium

Cardiff do these little stall things in town (outside in the Hayes/near St Davids Hall or just off Queen Street as well) but I think they charge £30 - these are ones that you'd have to really sell better quality stuff or at least brand new + they are outside so you could take a dog with you - they're those red/white striped little tent things.

There's also Splott market - Thursdays and Saturdays I think - we can do carboot stuff there or cheap pet stuff sold at a profit from Batleys or similar.

Even if I know the place names Pen, i pronounce them completely wrong  :dunno:

I guess for £30 if we could do promotional stuff, a collection bucket and sell some stuff from batleys and maybe Maggies beds, bandanas etc it might be worth giving it a go?

Service stations are a good idea Seran. People might like a therauputic face wash from a dog...

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »
Rail stations are good as well - you need really large buckets for them so people can chuck and run as they go past you

Plus there's the millennium stadium - will ask Annie (annother annie I know) who to contact

I have tried to get a collection done at the ice hockey but the guy just wouldn't answer my calls

Street collections - Cardiff (11 June), Caerphilly, Newport, Swansea, Blackwood (+ do PAH at same time), Monmouth, Bristol(?), Oxford(?)