Author Topic: Sat 1st May, Radyr & Morganstown Festival  (Read 8993 times)

Julieann

Re: Sat 1st May, Radyr & Morganstown Festival
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 13:15:06 PM »
 :woohoo: Thank you Seran  ;D
Have just sent you a copy of mail sent to Nick, and his reply and phone number to contact.
I explained Lisa was in hospital this morning and asked if he could copy any mail to me for me to forward on once I saw Kirsty's message  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 13:19:50 PM by Julieann »

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 22:31:46 PM »
I can get more tables + benches if needed (same as ones we use at our other stalls) but they will need picking up from Hailey Park.

Julieann

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
Ty Penny

Julieann

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
The opticians in the village know about FPAR (getting a bit of a bore agian  :redface: anyway if I have the story right  ::) they had a lady in yesterday that has a dog/or dogs that are 14 years old and was begining to look around for a younger one she could rescue. Seems she put in an application to one rescue and she was told that at 70 something she was far to old to rehome another dog, she was extremely upset -so I was told - because she's had dogs all her life and couldn't imagine her life without one.
The young woman who related the story to me mentioned FPAR to her and said to pop along to the fete on Saturday to meet us and related the story of Rita and her new owner.  ;D

Julieann

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 17:22:49 PM »
I will be at the fete now ..  ;)

Julieann

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »
Ok the set up time is from 9-9.30 - Dad or I'll get down there around that time.
The stall should be ready to go by 11/11.15 as the Roald Dahl parade starts at 11.30 from the Methodist Church and there will be people around the OCR from around that time waiting for the parade to arrive and it's likely to get busy out in the street with people vying for spots to see the children arrive.
If we arrive early we can take the van/car into the carpark to off load and it'll then be parked out in the street or the school grounds next door. Otherwise it'll be a question of parking the car and carrying it around.
This all depends on whether the weather holds out  ::) If the weather's doubtful then I'll see what space is available in the building or in one of the marquees so the stall has plenty of shelter and the gazebo can be used for us, some of the display boards and dogs  :)
Any questions ?

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Has someone offered to collect the tables and gazebo?
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Dilly

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
I can collect anything required on Fri or early Sat morn. The road will be closing before the parade think it may be from 10.30 so any transporting needs to be done before then. Julieann has my phone no.

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »
Thanks Caroline. Julieann can you let know Caroline know what needs to be sorted etc.
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Julieann

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Penny's going to get in touch with you Caroline .. or you can do it t'other way  :D She's got all the boards and dogs to bring on Saturday and if possible the tables .. 
The Gazebo is being dropped round to me by Simon so dad and I can take it to the OCR ... dad'll have his fete hat on then since the photographic group also have a competition on that day  ;)

Julieann

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 16:30:24 PM »
I now have Simon's gazebo  ;D

Julieann

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 17:10:31 PM »
If this works ok then you can see the OCR in Radyr from above and the proposed layout of the stalls  ;D There is no parking in the grounds of the OCR from 11am till end of the fete
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 17:12:13 PM by Julieann »

Julieann

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 15:58:48 PM »
Well the weather held off  :woohoo: and the event finished early but there was a lot of interest expressed in FPAR. Thanks to Saffy's and Ned's owner (s) for turning up even if Rolo barked at you the whole time  :redface: because you took your time offering her some food  :rofl:. Thanks also to Seran and Simon and Caroline for their support. Caroline was there early with the tables having collected them with Penny and to Alison for taking them home again afterwards  :hug:
Amos decided he didn't want to stay as he hated the drums and noise from the procession  :pathead:
Rolo and Mac are all petted out and are now collapsed in a heap snoring away  ::) Wilf and Roobs also had an endless supply of strokes from the children that gravitated towards the stall - I wonder why  :thinkin:

Offline alijay

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 16:31:14 PM »
The total is....£122.70!!!

Well Done All  ;D

Offline Love Our Oldies

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 16:47:54 PM »
well done :clap:
Hapiness is an Old Grey Nose