Author Topic: Sat 1st May, Radyr & Morganstown Festival  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Lisalobe

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home
Sat 1st May, Radyr & Morganstown Festival
« on: April 07, 2010, 13:15:19 PM »
http://www.radyr.org.uk/holding/assortedpdf/Festival%20Brochure%202010-robins-version-2.pdf

We have a table/stall booked for this ;D I shall be there & hopefully Julieann. Its in aid of Ty Hafan but a few charities will have stands there.

This year, supported by grants from Cardiff Council, and the R&M Community Council, the Fete opening on the first Saturday will be preceded by a colourful procession of characters from Roald Dahl. Dave Brookes from Real Radio will be opening the
Fete at midday, so come along and join in the fun. The two-week programme of events is aimed to appeal to all ages, families and individuals, building on the success of previous years.

12 noon FESTIVAL FÊTE, Old Church Rooms, Gardens and Car Park. Free entry. Celebrity opening by Dave Brookes from Real Radio and Festival Queen.

Bring the family :wave:. Come and have lunch. Contact Nick Hawkins, 2084 2561 for further details.
Join the procession of Roald Dahl characters (starts Methodist Hall approx 11:30am) as it threads its way to the OCR. Come and enjoy the Fete itself, with stalls, food, music, displays, competitions, games, bouncy castle, activities by Radyr Youth Club, and much more.

If anyone would like to come & help or bring a friendly foster or 2  ;) ;D I'd be happy to see you :wave:

Lisa xx

Linked to calendar - Jo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 13:41:51 PM by Bunter »
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
Re: Sat 1st May, Radyr & Morganstown Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
I know a few will probably go to this but anyone fancy helping me out if I book a PAH M&G in Cardiff if I can this saturday

Offline Lisalobe

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
I know a few will probably go to this but anyone fancy helping me out if I book a PAH M&G in Cardiff if I can this saturday

Hopefully someone will as we're not sure if Julieann will be having her op around this time so might just be little ole me! :'( ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

Hopefully someone will as we're not sure if Julieann will be having her op around this time so might just be little ole me! :'( ;D

I will come and help if you are on your own then - I just like to be busy really - would be nice to see my ex foster who lives in Radyr (across from golf club)

Offline Lisalobe

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »

I will come and help if you are on your own then - I just like to be busy really - would be nice to see my ex foster who lives in Radyr (across from golf club)

Fab thanks Penny, can you contact them to see if they're going to this & if so to bring the doglet!?

Julieann

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 13:02:13 PM »
Caroline said she'd come down to relive someone for a drink and something to eat and luckily there's plenty of that on the day between the WI and the bbq and bar ..  ;) just hope it's fine  :) If it's a dry day near the car park entrance is a good place to be as it's where everyone mills around if it's wet, they;ll probably put up the big gazebo near the rear entrance and that's the place to head for. They start putting stuff up around 9, 9.30 .. you can confirm this with Nick, Lisa and if fine get there early to nab a place otherwise you'' be stuck on the fringes. They don;t allot places as we discovered years ago that people never went where you put them anyway  ::) If I'm around great if not i'll ask dad to be down there early to sort you out. If it;s fine the more people around to man the stall the better since it can get really busy from the time the parade starts at 11.30 as family start waiting for their arrival  ;D

Julieann

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 20:51:23 PM »
I think we may have to have a re think about the stall for Saturday .. we can still be there but may not be able to do the tombola  :shrug: it may be just having the stuff there for the M&G type and doing some of the other things raised with Penny .. not sure what to do now as we won't know if Lisa's going to be aroud till tomorrow or Tuesday and I won't know till Wednesday or Thursday for me. It would still be good for FPAR to have a presence as it may bring us some new owners or fosterers ...
If we're having a stall it'll need someone to pick up the stuff from Perrie and Matt and to bring it down .. we may also need a gazebo looking at the forecast.

Lisa's still hoping to be there but ... if she has her op tomrrow she won't be able to drive ..

:dunno:

Offline Dilly

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 21:20:03 PM »
I can be there, have kept the day free, but will need some advice as to where to pick up display boards, leaflets etc.

Julieann

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 21:27:17 PM »
I can be there, have kept the day free, but will need some advice as to where to pick up display boards, leaflets etc.

The display boards come from Penny who will need a lift to bring them .. Nick's offered us the option of a stall at the Sausage Sizzle on the 8th May
  (proramme here http://www.radyr.org.uk/holding/assortedpdf/Festival%20Brochure%202010-robins-version-2.pdf ) so that may be the easier option because Lisa will be around then and others may be free?
I think we'd better consider it as a M&G type and have a bucket and Penny's posters there as she's organising some around the pick it up and bin it also ..
Penny if you're agreeable that could work I think  .. I'll tell the orgainsers once I'v confirmed what's happening with me  ;D
Still hope to see others there though  :hug:

Offline shepherd lover

• Trustee - Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 21:36:54 PM »

Julieann can you hang fire as we maybe able to sort out a full stall, we just waiting to hear.
COULD YOU OPEN YOUR HEART & HOME UP BY FOSTERING? HELP US TO HELP MORE POUNDIES

Julieann

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:35 AM »
Oh it would be great if it can be organised   ;D 

Offline shepherd lover

• Trustee - Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »

Big thanks to Seran who is going to step in to run a full stall with any other helpers  ;D
COULD YOU OPEN YOUR HEART & HOME UP BY FOSTERING? HELP US TO HELP MORE POUNDIES

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »

Big thanks to Seran who is going to step in to run a full stall with any other helpers  ;D

;D
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Pez

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 11:56:11 AM »
Seran do you want some items off me for the stall, it was the stuff i was going to give to Lisa?
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

winterwren

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
Yes that would be great Pez x