Author Topic: Walks...  (Read 2007 times)

Offline emilyjw

Walks...
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »
As lots of threads often mention good walks, I thought why not add them here  ;D
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Tuppence

Re: Walks...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 18:15:11 PM »
Good idea.  There are some great walks along the river at Tintern (Wye Valley).  Tintern Railway Station (www.tintern.org.uk) is a good base, cheap parking (with shade, so car doesn't get too hot), picnic area, tea room ( :luv: the cakes & ice cream), kids play area and riverside walks in both directions.  Bit far for the daily walk, but it would make a lovely day trip.

Offline floras mummy

• Flora Dora the Explorer :)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 18:55:04 PM »
Oo might have to try Tinterwm with Flora as I'm not that far away! Thankyou! :hug:
Dogs are miracles with paws!
Susan Kennedy

Tuppence

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 18:51:16 PM »
Not sure if the Railway Station is open yet...think they usually open around Easter.  If not, you can park at the Abbey Mill craft centre/cafe which is just down the road and walk over the bridge and along the river from there...the cakes there arent' as good though!!!  (I've got my priorities right when organizing walks  ;D)

proud new owners

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 22:17:53 PM »
why not try the three casle walk in monmouthshire ................... http://www.stepwhere.com/maps/route/Three-Castles-Walk

Three Castles Walk: This circular walk of about 19 miles (30 kilometres) takes in panoramic views not easily enjoyed by road. The waymarked path links the three castles of Grosmont, Skenfrith and White Castle and passes through a varied landscape of hill, valley, wood and meadow. As well as three Norman castles, the walk offers peaceful countryside, quiet villages, wonderful views and ancient churches. It can be split into sections. (A cycle route has also been devised which takes in a fourth castle, at Abergavenny.)

http://www.villagealivetrust.org.uk/walks.htm

best done as a day out and with a picnic

Offline Bunter

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »
19 miles  :o