Author Topic: Harry - Collie x Lab Pup  (Read 12563 times)

Offline angelajane

Harry - Collie x Lab Pup
« on: February 28, 2010, 18:27:13 PM »
Well, Harry has been with us a week now.

At the moment he is sleeping in his favourite place - between the sofa and the radiator!

Apart from some separation anxiety and destroying most of his puppy chew toys  :doh: he has been great. His lab side is coming out as he is very food orientated. He is also getting bolder now and starting to test us a bit (eg steeling slippers and trying to sneak upstairs). He's a quick learner though, so he's going to be great.

He has his last jab this Thursday, so we will soon be able to introduce him to the beach. Although he hasn't been able to walk outside the garden, he has been to lots of places in my arms to get him used to lots of different experiences. I think the pet shop was his favourite  ;D

I'll put a photo on here as soon as I work out how :shrug:

All in all we're already  :inlove:

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Re: Harry - Collie x Lab Pup
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 18:32:21 PM »

:wave:

Nice to hear Harry's settling in well.  If he's anything like my lab, the stealing will carry on for quite some time yet  :rofl:  Dexter is nearly 5 now and still steals shoes, socks, gloves and anything else he finds laying around, given half a chance!  His only concession is that he no longer rips them into little bits or eats them  :rofl1:

Look forward to seeing the pics - here's a link to the how to http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php?topic=1905.0
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Julieann

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 20:29:02 PM »

:wave:

Nice to hear Harry's settling in well.  If he's anything like my lab, the stealing will carry on for quite some time yet  :rofl:  Dexter is nearly 5 now and still steals shoes, socks, gloves and anything else he finds laying around, given half a chance!  His only concession is that he no longer rips them into little bits or eats them  :rofl1:

Look forward to seeing the pics - here's a link to the how to http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php?topic=1905.0

Stealing, he's not stealling  :nono: They're retrieving ... at least that's what they'd like you to believe  ;D

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 20:44:14 PM »
 :rofl1:  oops, sorry, my mistake - did I say stealing? I definitely meant retrieving  ;D

Offline angelajane

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »
Here's Harry Doing his favourite thing, sleeping and on our laps!

Playing with his second kong (had to get more robust one!)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »

What a gorgeous boy  :inlove:

Offline hpos

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
We have Maisie (was Katie) Harry's sister and she is exactly the same with shoes. My Uggs are her particular favourite  :narnar: but she's not fussy and Gareths Cat boots will do if the Uggs aren't about  :rofl:

Harry sounds just like Maisie, she loves being in front of the fire and laying on our laps taking a little nap  :wave: She too loves her kong and nylabones are another favourite.

Harry looks adorable hope he enjoys his first walk out when he can  :inlove:

Offline angelajane

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:02:35 AM »
Hurray! We had a night with no whining last night. In fact after his 2am trip to the loo he put himself back in his crate.

Only one problem to solve now and that's the fact that I can't even leave him to go upstairs to the loo without him crying and yelping. There's a baby gate on the kitchen door and he's managed to jump that! And as he has just been so good in his crate at night, I'm reluctant to put him in that and undo everything we have just acheived.

Any ideas would be great.

Offline floras mummy

• Flora Dora the Explorer :)
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 15:50:48 PM »
Sounds a bit like Flora she is always steeling things but it gets better...promise :rofl: we often go to the beach, which one are you planning on going to? :dunno: I hope the seperation anxiety gets better soon :grouphug:
Dogs are miracles with paws!
Susan Kennedy

Offline Emma & Matt

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 18:07:48 PM »
so glad he is settling into his new home!!!!

We miss him around the house, so does Lolah as she is all on her own :( but not for long :)
"The dog was created specially for children. He/She is the god of frolic." - Henry Ward Beecher Jack Russell enthusiasts

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 00:11:45 AM »
There's a baby gate on the kitchen door and he's managed to jump that!

Sorry no help here as I have to laugh at this as I guessed these pups would do this eventually - I had Maisie (was Katie) and Poppy on foster and they were pretty agile then if they wanted something.

Offline angelajane

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 08:51:51 AM »

Sounds a bit like Flora she is always steeling things but it gets better...promise :rofl: we often go to the beach, which one are you planning on going to? :dunno: I hope the seperation anxiety gets better soon :grouphug:

We live in West Sussex 10 mins walk from the beach. So looking forward to it soon. I'll post some pics when we do.

Julieann

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 13:49:56 PM »

We live in West Sussex 10 mins walk from the beach. So looking forward to it soon. I'll post some pics when we do.

I used to live in Pulborough  ;D

Offline angelajane

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 20:57:14 PM »
Quick update!

I've changed the baby gate to the bottom of the stairs and things seem better. I managed to go upstairs and do things today. Not for too long but it's a great start.

We've been to puppy training classes tonight. Not to take part as he hasn't had his last vax yet, but to sit on our laps and watch. He was very good and very intereted. They do agility there too, so when he's old enough we would like to do that. Here are some photos showing that he's keen already!

No part of the garden is not explored

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 21:11:04 PM »
Inquisitive little fella  :luv:
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.