Florence

Author Topic: Holly  (Read 396 times)

Offline alisonp

Holly
« on: November 10, 2016, 13:56:49 PM »
What can I say about our little Holly, she has been such a comfort since losing our precious Jess 4 weeks ago :'(
She is so in tune with our emotions, she must be wondering where her sister has gone so quickly.
She is enjoying long walks in country which we were unable to do the past year cos of Jess age.
I am looking for advice on getting Holly a new sister after Christmas and introducing a different breed, not a lab this time something a little smaller?
You hear so many horror stories of breeders, not sure if we want puppy or rescue. I have been looking at cavachon,cavapoo,king Charles spaniels.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Re: Holly
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 18:50:04 PM »
Please go for a rescue! There are so many gorgeous dogs looking for homes through no fault of their own. All the dogs I've owned have been rescues and each one has been so loving and loyal.
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 17:40:11 PM »
I'm always amazed at how in tune they are with our emotions (up or down), I've had many tears gently licked off my face, my previous dogs have been from breeders, Oscar was our 1st rescue dog from the R.S.P.C.A who said he was lovely but they couldn't have stroked him, he was our "special needs boy" ::), since being with Four Paws we've adopted "A few" along the way, we've just adopted Alfie as he needs a quiet home.
I hope you find another needy soul who will be a wonderful companion for you & Holly.xxxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 17:50:08 PM »

For me the rescue route is the only way to go and there are often pups in rescue if that's what you want.  For example at the moment we have two gorgeous ShihTzu X boys only about 6 months old, Lottie 4 months old and all in rescue through no fault of their own, we also have lots of fantastic adult dogs, all shapes & sizes.  Pretty much whatever sort of dog, age, breed you want you can get it in rescue.

If you need any help you know where we are x
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie