Florence

Author Topic: Hello, I'm Jerry. Looking to adopt!  (Read 475 times)

Offline jeremiah

Hello, I'm Jerry. Looking to adopt!
« on: October 28, 2016, 20:03:44 PM »
Hi all!

Glad to be a part of this group. I've grown up with dogs and have been wanting to bring dogs into our family for years. Our daughter is finally of an age where she can be responsible enough, and has proven herself with excellent care of smaller pets before now.

Also, we're now moving into a big detached house on a park, and so have the room (not to mention, no longer restrictions on dogs from landlords!).

We've been looking around for months, but have decided that adopting is the right way forward.

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
Re: Hello, I'm Jerry. Looking to adopt!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 21:02:59 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) Hiya Jerry & welcome to Four Paws, I've been with Four Paws for nearly 10yrs, we've just decided to adopt our 160th foster Alfie (another Yorkie) who needs a quiet home :-*, we've adopted a few oldies/terminally ill  ones, dogs are our life & hope you'll be able to find your fab new companion very soon. xxxxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 21:05:15 PM »
Welcome Jerry!  How exciting for you & your family to be able to offer a home to a rescue dog - in my experience they are the best breed! I hope you find one that it is perfect for you. With all the lovely dogs on the website I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice.
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline jeremiah

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 21:57:10 PM »
Thanks both! Here's hoping! We've been poking around several rescues for a few months now. But We were directed here by my sister-in-law who has history with you fine folk, I believe. In any event, we've seen one lovely girl on here already that we're trying to arrange to make it work. Fingers crossed.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 22:48:19 PM »
Good luck!
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline jeremiah

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 06:23:31 AM »
Thanks!