Florence

Author Topic: Monty - Very Handsome Greyhound Gent.  (Read 5713 times)

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
Monty - Very Handsome Greyhound Gent.
« on: September 27, 2016, 15:04:02 PM »

Breed - Greyhound X
Age -7 years old
Dog Friendly - Yes rathers med/large quiet dogs
Cat Friendly - No. Cannot be homed with cats or other small furries.
People Friendly - Yes
Child Friendly - Yes suitable for under 5yrs.
House Trained - Yes
Chipped- Yes
Vaccinated- Yes
Neutered - Yes
Travel - Very calm, settles down and sleeps.
Food - Iams/Dry food with a little water.
Fostered - Pontypool

The minimum adoption donation for Monty is £165

Details of our adoption procedures/requirements, adoption application form and Privacy Policy are here http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php/board,21.0.html

Monty is so laid back! He arrived at our home on Saturday afternoon and after a brief introduction to the 2 resident dogs he settled in as if he had always been here.  He is very polite and gentle, but also has real character about him and a little cheekiness too! He has settled quickly at night without any fuss at all, is delighted to go out on his walks and runs in the fields, loves to sunbathe in the garden and is happy to snooze the day away in a sunbeam or comfy bed.

More photos on Lloydies Furry Lodgers Facebook page x
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 20:50:20 PM by shepherd lover »

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
Re: Monty - Very Handsome Greyhound Gent.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 15:08:16 PM »
Monty enjoying the sunshine with Dougal.

Plotting mischief with Heathcliff.

Running!!!!

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 16:03:49 PM »

I've had the pleasure of meeting this gorgeous boy and he really is a sweetheart.  Someone is going to be very lucky to add him to their family  angel.gif  angel.gif

Lovely pictures.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Hound lovers

• My Girls
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 17:10:04 PM »
You really are a lovely boy Monty, good luck in finding your forever home.
Dogs are definately man's best friend!

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:48 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)A lady from the village adopted a greyhound from us years ago, she was lonely & lived on her own, lovely park just across the road & soon made many friends & dog (sorry can;t remember her name) would sleep until her evening walk,it made all the difference to her life having her companion. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:14:35 AM »
Monty is a star, he is very well behaved in and out of the house and loves everyone he meets. He can be a little excitable when meeting other dogs out and about but as long as he has time to greet them politely he is fine.
He spends most of the day asleep but loves to have a play with his toys too and will throw them around by himself, jumping and spinning like a pup!

His recall is a bit hit and miss so somewhere secure for him to run would be an ideal....and he does love to run! HC isn't slow but Monty was half a field ahead and still gaining ground, poor HC thought his legs weren't working properly!

We have cows in the field behind our garden and Monty likes to spy on them through a broken piece of fence, but he will walk through them on lead and not show any interest at all!

Monty really is a gentle soul who will make a wonderful addition to a family and give so much happiness and companionship in return for some love and ear tickles. He would be best as an only dog or with a steady calm dog so that he can just chill without being bounced or bothered.

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* As I said earlier a friend of mine adopted Daisy Greyhound & Monty sounds very much like Daisy............... a perfect companion angel.gif :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 08:47:34 AM »
Monty is waiting patiently for his new Forever Home. He really is no trouble at all - a couple of good walks, a run to stretch his legs, food, a comfy bed and some love. Other than his size you wouldn't really know he was here....except for when he spotted a cat
 in the street....he made sure we all knew that about!

Monty and HC have buddied up together, they have the occasional disagreement when they argue over who is getting to the Postman at the door first, but are happy to run races and play tuggy together too.
I could hear odd sounds coming from the study yesterday and went to see what was happening....I met Monty in the doorway sliding on a dog bed across the floor! He was bum up in the air, elbows in the bed with a huge grin on his face and looked up at me as if to say "Oops, rumbled!"  He has an estimated age of somewhere between 7-9 years old, he certainly acts on the younger side!
He is such a sweetheart and will be a loving companion to someone who is willing to offer him a lovely new home xx
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:49:31 AM by DougieDog »

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 15:56:27 PM »
Monty is waiting patiently for his new home and will be such a wonderful companion to someone. He is currently in kennels for a short time and was very pleased to see me when I went in today x

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 13:08:26 PM »
We saw this gorgeous gentle giant at the kennels yesterday and he was absolutely delightful.
He did his best 'sit' for treats and was so polite taking them.

He also had a wonderful hurtle around the paddock, kicking his legs in the air.
Here he is poised for action:

He really is such a wonderful, affectionate boy - we're so hoping he gets his forever home soon!
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline tommy

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 17:34:24 PM »
I'm sure he will find a forever home soon ~ a fantastic detailed thread too! xxx

Good luck my handsome boy.  angel.gif

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 20:54:21 PM »
My favourite boy came out to play today, did a couple of laps of the paddock and then just came to lean against me for a fuss xx

Offline Hound lovers

• My Girls
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 15:57:29 PM »
Hi is Monty back in kennels, as I thought he was rehomed? Did it not work out?

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 16:08:05 PM »
Hi is Monty back in kennels, as I thought he was rehomed? Did it not work out?

Sadly it didn't work out for poor Monty. He's such a sweet boy it's a real shame to see him back in kennels.
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline Hound lovers

• My Girls
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 16:28:18 PM »
Oh no that's such a shame, Monty was my very first foster dog five and a half years ago. He's such a gorgeous boy.