Author Topic: Nelson <3  (Read 581 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Fosterers
  • Dizzy Rascal x
Nelson <3
« on: July 22, 2016, 17:32:16 PM »

I had the very sad news yesterday that this gorgeous old boy, one of my most loved ex-fosters has very sadly passed away this week, after suffering several doggy strokes over a very short period of time :'( 

He was in foster with me back in 2014 after being giving up by his heartbroken elderly owners & he was almost entirely blind at around 9 years of age (not that it slowed him down at all - I've never known a more confident dog!). His owners found out about Four Paws through my then workplace and after weeks of long, heartwrenching conversations with the poor man who was going through hell, Matt & myself picked Nelson up - it was the most heartbreaking experience & I was in tears when we left.

Nelson ended up staying with us for four months before finding the most perfect forever home  just in time for Christmas with his wonderful new owner Alex. She could not have given the feisty (& flatulent!  :-X ) old boy a better home, it was a match made in heaven. I know she is devastated to have lost him so suddenly after such a short time with him </3

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge Nelson, young and fit again <3 xxxx

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
Re: Nelson <3
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 18:58:38 PM »
Such dad news rung free at the bridge Nelson you had a fantastic life with lots of love  angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif
Mad about dogs

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( I remember this gentle boy, it's such sad news that he's no longer with us but what a wonderful life he had, many years with his Mum & Dad, being fostered with Em & Matt then finding Alex for too short a time, he had a lifetime of love, run free now at the Bridge Nelson, young & free of pain. Hugs for all that knew & loved Nelson. :-* :-* :-* :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline jetty

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »
Awww that's so sad. :'( RIP handsome boy.xx

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 15:14:43 PM »

Run free Nelson, fit & well again.  Big hugs to you Em xx
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 21:21:07 PM »
So sad - run free Nelson - at least he had the best of days throughout his life by the sound of it xx

Offline Suzette

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 19:48:39 PM »
Such a sad but happy time too. Run free Nelson xx

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 08:22:17 AM »
Run free Nelson. You will have lots of happy companions to play with in Rainbow Bridge.xx