Author Topic: ** Special home needed** - Alice Bichon *Ex Breeder**(was Tiny) - 4 years old  (Read 6061 times)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Alice

Breed - Bichon - Female
Age - 4 years
Dog Friendly - Yes, will need to rehomed where there is another dog
Cat Friendly - Living with cats
People Friendly - Yes
Child Friendly - Yes
House Trained - Yes
Microchipped - Yes
Spayed - Yes
Vaccinated - No, but can be started now
Fostered - Mountain Ash Area

The minimum adoption donation for Alice is £150.

Alice is a special little lady that has been in our care for sometime due to a number problems, She's had an eventful few months where she has been to Bristol to have a CT scan and a number of tests, Sadly living a life as an ex breeder and being kept on sawdust has left her with a permanent lung damage which causes her to have a cough but don't think it holds her back in anyway, She loves life experience and doing what all dogs deserve, Its truly a pleasure to see how she has come around, she's a fairly confident girl and has settled well into her foster home and enjoys all the luxury of living in a house, She especially loves to snuggle up with one of the resident dogs. She still does show some nervous behavior but comes around once she knows she's in no danger.

She will need a home where there is a settled resident dog and isn't suitable to live as an only dog.

Please put in an application in the first instance if you are interested in Alice.   Approved applications will be home checked.

Details of our adoption procedures/requirements, adoption application form and Privacy Policy are here http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php/board,21.0.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 19:09:09 PM by shepherd lover »
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Fantastic news Alice, you've been through a lot but has come out the other side & ready for your very own sofa, good luck Alice  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Cardiffgirl

I read this last night and I was so angry, livid, that someone could not use common sense and allow Alice to suffer. Who would keep a dog on sawdust?!! It could have affected her eyes also, thank God it hasn't. Re. the cough, this breaks my heart. Has the vet suggested a cough suppressant (it's horrible having an irritating cough and to live like so permanently, oh my word) or oxygen? Maybe a doggy oxygen tent (not expensive) could be used for her in the nights so that her little body gets rest. I can't believe this, was it a licensed breeder? Where was the council inspector? Bichons are the most beautiful dogs and they are so sensitive - thankfully the saw dust hasn't given Alice a skin condition.
Please give Alice a cuddle and tell her she is the most beautiful and precious dog in the world. How on earth these animals continue to love us and trust us I don't know. Some things make me ashamed to be a human being.
Properly trained a man can be a dog's best friend.

Offline shepherd lover

• Trustee - Chairman
  • Administrator

Hi All,

Thank you to few people who have been in touch with me about lovely Alice, Alice leads a normal happy life and runs around and plays like any other dog, She isn't coughing constantly but it is more noticeable when she's either stressed or she's had a had a mad moment running around and around. Anyone interested in Alice will have our full support and access to all her Veterinary history and in the event we can't find that special person she will remain in our care.
COULD YOU OPEN YOUR HEART & HOME UP BY FOSTERING? HELP US TO HELP MORE POUNDIES

Offline Cardiffgirl

Thank you for the peace of mind. It's reassuring to know that Alice is not suffering constantly. Bichons are the gentlest, most loving and sensitive dogs anyone could want. Alice is a gorgeous girl and I'm really hoping a kind and loving home will come for her. If I thought Teddy would like a buddy my application would be submitted in a shot! Maybe he will one day, but he is just so happy telling us what to do :-) I don't want to upset him. Hang on in there Alice, when the right home comes they will treat you as the queen you are you lovely lovely girl xxx
Properly trained a man can be a dog's best friend.