Florence

Author Topic: A Tribute to Mrs Williams, a Four Paws' adopter & supporter  (Read 1425 times)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
It was with great sadness that we learned that Mrs Williams, probably one of Four Paws oldest adopters had passed away at the grand old age of 97.

Mrs Williams from Gilfach, Bargoed adopted the first dog from us in 2008. Although Mrs Williams would be unable to walk the dog herself her daughter Anne and son in law Roger lived close, visited several times a day and would be the dog walkers. We successfully re-homed Deefor (renamed Lady), and they were great company for each other.

When Lady sadly died Mrs Williams missed her terribly. Anne phoned and asked if we would consider re-homing another dog with her mother. We had not long had Keano, a lovely terrier cross about 8 years old. Keano had come from Ireland and had been stuck in kennels for two years, despite having a lovely calm temperament and kind nature. We thought Keano and Mrs Williams may well be the perfect match. The two were introduced and Keano was adopted in October 2012 and renamed Bobby. Shortly after both moved into a purpose built annex at Anne and Roger’s house.

Bobby (was Keono)

At Mrs Williams funeral donations were given in memory to Four Paws. The wonderful sum of £450 was collected for which we are extremely grateful. We would like to thank Anne and family for thinking of Four Paws at what must be a very difficult and sad time.

Bobby has now been officially adopted by Anne and Roger, he is looking wonderful and is much loved by all the family. It has been a privilege to have known Mrs Williams, if only for a short while, a very kind and caring lady and a Lancashire lass by birth. We thank you and your family for giving two Four Paws dogs such wonderful and loving homes.

Linda and Dennis & all at Four Paws

Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline james.

• dotty and livvy
Re: A Tribute to Mrs Williams, a Four Paws' adopter & supporter
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 19:04:54 PM »
R.I.P. Mrs Williams x

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 19:32:11 PM »
Thank you Mrs Williams and family for adopting two gorgeous four paws dogs loving and caring for them and giving them the perfect home.  We are all most grateful for thinking of four Paws at this sad time.  Lady will be waiting for you to walk together again.

Deepest Sympathy to all your family.
Mad about dogs

Offline Skye

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 20:22:10 PM »
With Deepest Sympathy and Thanks to All  Your Family and this sad time xx

Offline kempy12

• Adoption Co-Ordinator
  • Fosterers
  • Lexie and Jasper ♥
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 20:27:47 PM »
Thank you so much for thinking of Four Paws at such a sad time. Mrs Williams will be so missed here but I'm sure she's popped into rainbow bridge and picked up lady and they are happy together once more xx
2011 - 2015  We re-homed 68 dogs!  05/03/2016  Teddy 21/08/2016 Pumba

♥Sleep tight; Pursil Cat 03|12|12 - Simpkin cat 31|10|12 - Tommy Thumb 13|12|11

Rena

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 20:31:44 PM »
Thank you

RIP, reunited with Lady x
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 20:44:26 PM by DextersMum »

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 21:47:12 PM »
I'm soooo sorry to hear of Mrs Williams passing, Linda & Den often talk about Mrs Williams who was a lovely lady & was devoted to her dogs, what a fantastic donation to Four Paws to help us continue helping dogs, let's hope they have found each other at the Bridge & are both young & healthy again,xxxxxxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:41:17 AM »
How sad but how wonderful she was (and of course am biased being a proud Lanky lass myself ;) ) - hope she meets up with her other dogs somewhere at the bridge

Offline Jean May

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 23:47:48 PM »
R.I.P Mrs Williams. 

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
Big hugs for Anne, Roger & family on this Anniversary. xxxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.