Author Topic: Wishes4Paws - Collection boxes  (Read 12907 times)

Offline emilyjw

Wishes4Paws - Collection boxes
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:21 AM »
To help the dogs in our care enjoy the festive period as much as possible we are runnung Wishes4Paws. We are looking to collect items like toys and treats etc so we can bring them some festive cheer while they want for Santa Paws to find them their perfect home.

Here is a poster that you can download and place on a box, whether you can have one at work, a local vets, pub, shop wherever us and the animals in our care will be extremely grateful.

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/wishes4paws.pdf

Any questions please ask  ;D
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline Deirdre

• Fundraising
  • Sid, Sam & Suki
Re: Wishes4Paws - Collection boxes
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:30:52 PM »
Could these be 2nd hand (bowls, toys, collars and leads etc)? Just wondering as I could ask in work (but we have a big charity drive this year and have 3 adopted charities - Four Paws didn't make it - so may not be able to ask for new donations).

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »
Could these be 2nd hand (bowls, toys, collars and leads etc)? Just wondering as I could ask in work (but we have a big charity drive this year and have 3 adopted charities - Four Paws didn't make it - so may not be able to ask for new donations).

Yes, as long as fit for purpose  ;D

proud new owners

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 19:24:08 PM »
3 are going in place tomorrow ........... that poster is just fab penny

proud new owners

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 19:26:07 PM »
Alan went to check on one of the xmas boxes today and it was a bitter sweet donation put in the box

somebodys dog has sadly gone to rainbow bridge and they donated all his little toys ,lead ,coat ,towel ,and his  little bed  :cryblow:

how sweet is that  :luv:

Offline Bunter

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 19:28:31 PM »
That is so very sad  :'(

I know when we lost Candy we had to move all her stuff out of the room as it was too painful to see it there  :(.  I've still got both my bridge girls' collars and tags  :luv:

Julieann

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 19:30:52 PM »
That is so very sad  :'(

I know when we lost Candy we had to move all her stuff out of the room as it was too painful to see it there  :(.  I've still got both my bridge girls' collars and tags  :luv:

I've done the same, kept the collars and tags  :inlove:

Offline Saffy-isticated

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 19:39:48 PM »
And me I've kept the collars & tags  :inlove:

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 20:02:08 PM »
A lady rang me a last month to give us some bedding and she turned up at my house with a load of bags of bedding and toys that were from her dog who died in January - this was the 1st time she'd been able to do anything with them. When she'd finished unloading I had to comfort her as she was crying her heart out outside my door - made me feel sad too

proud new owners

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 21:02:28 PM »
ahhhhhh penny bless you

Julieann

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 22:34:11 PM »
A lady rang me a last month to give us some bedding and she turned up at my house with a load of bags of bedding and toys that were from her dog who died in January - this was the 1st time she'd been able to do anything with them. When she'd finished unloading I had to comfort her as she was crying her heart out outside my door - made me feel sad too

:(  :hug:

Julieann

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 23:56:17 PM »
Can I have a collection tin on Sunday please for Pampurred Pets Perrie, unless Matt has already done it?
And I'm not  sure who does them put can I also have 1 or 2 Wishes for Paws laminated also on Sunday?

Pampurred Pets manageress had agreed to put the tin on their desk and since there was already a box there for a cat charity she said someone had put some doggy stuff in there and we were welcome to put up an appeal sign for dogs. The advatage to that is that the box is there all year round so another sign could go there after Christmas.  :clap:
She appologised but head office still hadn't sent a draw/auction item through so it looks like next year now.

Offline emilyjw

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
Can I have a collection tin on Sunday please for Pampurred Pets Perrie, unless Matt has already done it?
And I'm not  sure who does them put can I also have 1 or 2 Wishes for Paws laminated also on Sunday?

Pampurred Pets manageress had agreed to put the tin on their desk and since there was already a box there for a cat charity she said someone had put some doggy stuff in there and we were welcome to put up an appeal sign for dogs. The advatage to that is that the box is there all year round so another sign could go there after Christmas.  :clap:
She appologised but head office still hadn't sent a draw/auction item through so it looks like next year now.

I'm not sure what people have been using as collection boxes, I guess a shoe box or maybe a small plastic bin?

proud new owners

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »

well done julie anne

I'm not sure what people have been using as collection boxes, I guess a shoe box or maybe a small plastic bin?

emily we have been using big clear plastic storage container with tinsel round the top and poster on the front ..... tis very festive

we will be bringing some of the donated goodies with us on sunday ,so please if any one eles can put one in place somewhere we should be able to give those poor doggies a good christmas

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

I won't be coming to the event on sunday but can get some to you another way if no one else can do them

we use a swing bin at my vets for one or you can use a large cardboard box or similar