Author Topic: Hello from a Brummie!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline herbiesmum

Hello from a Brummie!
« on: January 27, 2015, 15:15:39 PM »
Hello All,

I have recently retired to the area from Birmingham ( yes I escaped ;) and am looking to eventually give a home to another rescue dog in the future....I say "future" because I am currently owned by a 15 year old rescue Yorkie who has shared his life with me for the last 8 years. He's got used to having me to himself since my old Springer died 2 years ago and can get a bit "grumpy" when he encounters other dogs nowadays so I am a bit reluctant to introduce another dog into the house at this stage.
I thought I would maybe join your forum to familiarise myself with how these things work and perhaps gain some advise on the subject along the way

Cheers from Sandra...and Herbie "the grump"

Offline Dianne

• Neutering Administrator
  • Pip and Maggie May
Re: Hello from a Brummie!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 15:43:36 PM »
Hi Sandra and Herbie, I have 2 Four Paws dogs and help fundraise. Which area are you in. Dianne  :)
"Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole"

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 17:21:50 PM »
Hi I am Julie we are always looking for people to help at fundraisers if you are interested
Mad about dogs

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 19:19:02 PM »
 :)Hiya Sandra & Herbie, I've got a grumpy 10yr old yorkie Oscar - he was nearly 3 when I had him  from the R.S.P.C.A but he's used to fosters coming & going (I'm on my 143rd), it would be great if you could help in some way & you can get to know us.xxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 19:23:36 PM »
Hi there, welcome to Wales!
We adopted our lovely Spaniel, Dylan, from Four Paws and then started going to Four Paws events. Everyone we met was really friendly and they all work so hard to help dogs that need some love. We've just started fostering (Tammy) and we're loving it. Hope to meet you at a Four Paws event in the future - the cake stalls are always fab if you need any further encouragement!!
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline herbiesmum

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 19:58:48 PM »
Thanks to all of you for the welcome. I live in Chepstow and am told by the postman that my front garden is in Wales but my back garden is in England!
I'm slowly finding my way round but haven't ventured as far as Cwmbran yet.
I used to volunteer at the PDSA Charity shop in Birmingham and now volunteer a couple of afternoons a week at the new RSPCA charity shop on the High Street in Chepstow ( I'm not a great lover of some of their principles but it was the only local animal charity shop I could find)

Oh....Maggie you are amazing fostering 143 dogs ( not ALL at once I imagine ;))

Sandra x

Offline DougieDog

• Fosterers
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 20:08:00 PM »
Hi Sandra,
I live in Caldicot, so not far from you at all. I have been fostering for Four Paws since August and love it. I sometimes go to a local kennels where some of the rescue dogs stay while waiting for fosterers just to give them a run and some cuddles so if you ever fancy coming along let me know.
Sally x

Offline herbiesmum

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 20:18:29 PM »
Hi Sally,
Thanks for that....what are you trying to do to me....you know I wouldn't be able to resist taking them all home  ;)

It would be great to meet up and take some of the dogs out some time...perhaps you could PM me when you get chance

Sandra

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 22:00:41 PM »
 :) No not all at once :o, the most I've had at one time is 12 & 14!!!!!!!!!!!, mind you that included a litter of 6 or 7 so Mum & pups were in the utility room, few foster & I only had 3 Yorkies then, I've had 7 pregnant girls & it was the most amazing experience :).
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Dianne

• Neutering Administrator
  • Pip and Maggie May
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 22:36:10 PM »
Hi Sandra, we are having a Meet and Greet in Cwmbran Pets at Home on Sat 28/3 10am - 3pm , if you would like to pop in, Dawn and I would love to meet you and hopefully you can chat to others and meet some of our rehomed dogs. Dianne  :)
"Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole"

Offline Skye

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
Hello Sandra,

My name is Elaine and I live in Caldicot.  I am a fundraiser (cannot foster) and have been with FP's about 2yrs now  :)  Have 'teamed up' with another volunteer Maggie12 who also lives in Chepstow.  We will hopefully be organising a Meet and Greet in Chepstow Garden Centre again this year as well as other events so perhaps I can call on you  :P   I will also be helping Sally with the kennel dogs in a couple of weeks time when I have finally sorted out personal things.   Will pm you when I have more details or if you would like to meet up in Chepstow for a coffee?  :)

Elaine xx 

Offline herbiesmum

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 16:05:45 PM »
Elaine.....thanks for the invite...have PM'd you xx