Florence

Author Topic: Thank You to everyone of You  (Read 1486 times)

Offline shepherd lover

• Trustee - Chairman
  • Administrator
Thank You to everyone of You
« on: January 02, 2015, 22:28:24 PM »

For all our Volunteers and Supports not on Facebook :

This is a rare post From myself Chair of Trustees as I don't post much on these pages as I leave it in the safe hands of our other Volunteers but I feel Its only right to post :

2014 seen so many lows in my world of Four Paws Animal Rescue that it's the closest year I've ever come to giving up but I'm very much the type of person that rather keep my head down & get on with it and ride out all the hassles & the problems but this isnt without the help & support of the lovely people that choose to support us & all done as unpaid Volunteers, Now I'm not that person to blow our own trumpet but am feeling so pleased & proud with the Fab team & supporters we have, The end of this year has seen us Rescue 710 dogs and a number of Rabbits, Guinea Pigs,Cats,Kittens and even a Pony and 2015 is off to a great start with 16 dogs already placed with other rescues and the 1st Van trip will go with some of those Dogs on Tuesday.
A very big Thank You to everyone single one of you that have helped us do this without Your Support Four Paws Animal Rescue would not be able to do what it does.

COULD YOU OPEN YOUR HEART & HOME UP BY FOSTERING? HELP US TO HELP MORE POUNDIES

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
Re: Thank You to everyone of You
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 22:53:20 PM »
You've done very well kiddo ;),I know how you'll go the extra mile for the rescue & have had some very low moments, but if we can help in any way you know where we all are :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline honeymoo

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 13:37:51 PM »
I have posted on Facebook, but will repeat it.  You do an absolutely fantastic job; if it wasnt for people like you then a lot more dogs, cats, etc would not be rehomed and given a second chance. Goodness knows what would happen, but one can quite easily guess. To do what you do cant be easy; and is very time consuming, having met you I know how much you genuinely care about these animals. If it wasnt for you and FP I wouldnt have Honey and she wouldnt have had a 2nd chance. Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts. xx

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 17:42:39 PM »
I think we have the lows so as we appreciate the highs more.  Working with abused scared mistreated and unloved animals takes you to places you would rather not go but you have to,  to make their lives better and to show them the world is not all bad.  I do not know what it would be like without rescues I hate to think.  That look of trust the first pat the first lick is worth every heart ache. Carry on the good work
Mad about dogs

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 20:16:21 PM »
You've done very well kiddo ;),I know how you'll go the extra mile for the rescue & have had some very low moments, but if we can help in any way you know where we all are :-*

Wot she said :)

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »
I think you are a wonderful caring person. You put the animals first every time. You could be like many and turn a blind eye to the suffering of these beautiful babies. But you don't. You set up Four Paws, which couldn't have been easy and you have continued with it through good and bad times.

I have the greatest respect for you, and I am sure there are many volunteers who feel the same. When you feel despondent think of all those animals you have saved from abuse and even death. Just for once, give yourself a pat on the back.

poppet came to me through Four Paws, even though she made me a failed fosterer!! We wouldn't be without each other.

A BIG BIG thank you Lilian, Poppet and Dillon.xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Judy

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
I'm not a fosterers or a volunteer (except for the odd home check) but I am on my second Four Paws dog, & I wouldn't adopt from anywhere else since becoming part of the FP family. I always know there is someone at the end of the phone/email who will give support & encouragement anytime. Thank you to everyone & a Happy New Year!
Xx
Beautiful, barmy Betsy, always full of fun!
Poppy cat & Tilly cat, living the dream :)
Maddy, always loved, never forgotten x

Offline Saffy-isticated

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 16:41:31 PM »
Kirsty, we adopted Saffy from Four Paws nearly 6 years ago (she was a poundie) in that time she has given so much pleasure to so many people not only us & my elderly Father but Atlantic View Care Home where we go every Tuesday afternoon to visit the residents as Saffy is a qualified Pets as Therapy dog.  The residents get so exited by her visits that they ask the carers if today is "Saffy' day.  So as you can see that by saving Saffy you have not only saved a beautiful gentle dog but you have helped give so much pleasure to the many residents of the Care Home we visit.  So next time you think of giving up think of the smiles I get from some very grateful elderly people that really don't have very much to smile about.  You should be very proud of your achievements & from all us adoptive parents we are very grateful you set up this particular rescue & have kept going.
With much love & licks
Karen & Saffy xx

Offline Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 17:15:32 PM »
What a lovely post Karen, you have made me go all goosepimply.....well done to Saffy for bringing so much joy to all the elderly people, what a star !
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 17:32:24 PM »
 :-* And to think when she came in I had to take her to Seran............. I was terrified of her as she was so big  ::) :-*
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.