Author Topic: Lung Worm Prevention  (Read 627 times)

Offline SuperCooper

Lung Worm Prevention
« on: September 26, 2014, 21:17:31 PM »
Hi all.  Our boy Cooper just loves eating grass!  Even though there's nothing wrong with his tummy and he has a well balanced diet he just munches it like a cow!! And as we live in South Wales we know that this is a lung worm hotspot! Our concern is that slugs and snails can be very small and even if Cooper doesn't eat slugs and snails on purpose, he may do accidentally when eating grass.  I've done a bit of reasearch and it seems like Advocate is the way to go, but I've also read of some dogs having a bad reaction to it.  Has anyone come across any other products or have any experience of dogs having bad reactions to it?  Cheers.

Rena

Re: Lung Worm Prevention
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 21:35:11 PM »
I use advocate on both my girls as they both eat grass, and Mysha still likes to eat them!
I suppose it's like everything, you don't know if you or they will get a bad reaction to any medication. Both have been fine on it.  :)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 21:46:04 PM »

I use Advocate for one of my dogs and she's been fine with it.   I don't know of anything else that covers lungworm.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Jacky

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 06:03:28 AM »
My dogs also feast on grass, I have always used Milbemax tablets form the vets.

Offline SuperCooper

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 22:11:43 PM »
Thanks for replies, will try some Advantix asap I think, we seem to be inundated with the slimy little suckers lately!! :(