Author Topic: New volunteer; Candice :)  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Pupcakes

New volunteer; Candice :)
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Candice Longstaff and I will be starting to volunteer on Saturday!
I live in Caerphilly, Cefn Hengoed but I am originally from Bath, England.

I own 2 Jack Russells who are 4 & 5. Dottie (spayed) girl and Charlie a (neutered) boy. I love all animals and can't wait to help out you guys!

I spoke to Alison on the phone last week who was lovely and will be contacting her again Thursday in regards to Saturday. I have also spoken to Maggie, one of your lovely team about a dog in her foster care, Granny. Me and my fiance were (hoping) to adopt her but as you know she sadly had a stroke the day before she was due to come over :(

As long as Granny is happy and recovering, thats all we care about!

I am looking to adopt a golden oldie (female) and have a soft spot for Jacks & Staffies! So will have a hidden (or not so well hidden!) agenda when helping you guys out!

I am so excited to start volunteering!

Can't wait to meet you all!

Kind regards,

Candice xxx
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:22:43 AM by Pupcakes »

Offline LyndaG

• Fundraising
Re: New volunteer; Candice :)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
Welcome Candice ;D
I'm sure you will fit right in with our mad bunch - sounds like you are dotty on dogs so you must be OK ;)
I'm LyndaG, married to AliG - we are doting Mam and Dad to the gorjuss AlvinG (FourPaws baby Alvin the basset hound).
I'm sure we'll meet up at various events - we usually help man a stall at the Paws4Tea events and I send out  Thank You cards to all our lovely, generous supporters, so you know where I am if you need anything like that.
Look forward to meeting you.
Lynda

Rena

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 15:51:39 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse, it's nice to see a fellow BANES person here hehe although I'm from Keynsham. I have 2 fourpaws babies, a jug and JRT. I'm sure I will see you at events x

Offline Skye

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 16:58:52 PM »
Hi Candice and a big welcome to 4Paws :)  I'm Elaine and live in Caldicot and have been a fundraising for about 17months (recruited by Alison) and love it.  It's hard work but well worth it - looking forward to meeting you soon. xxx 

Offline David.Leek

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 17:07:12 PM »
Hi Candice, welcome to Four Paws

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 17:23:50 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Hiya Candice, so pleased you're joining the team, I hope to meet you at our next event, Granny is fine tootling around (when she's not sleeping ;)).xxxxxxxxxxx
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 17:49:06 PM »
Hi I am Julie welcome to the FP team we have great fun fund raising it is not all hard work see you at an event
Mad about dogs

Offline Pupcakes

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your warm welcomes!  :laugh:

Apologies for the late replies, I'm always here there and everywhere (as to be expected with 2 JR Terrors!)

Aaaaaw so glad little Granny is doing well!  :laugh: she truly is a star!

Hey Rena! Aaaah another Somerset girl! I always used to go to Keynsham, in fact my first dog Dottie was from there! I often drove past en route to Brislington collecting goodies for the dogs at Pets at home!

Haha Lynda G! I am mad...its what 2 Terriers do to you! Thank you very much :)

I cant wait to meet all of you and know I will soon! I am meeting Alison tomorrow and get to meet the dogs, I am so excited. SHOW ME THE STAFFIES! I cant resist a Terrier!

See you all soon!

Kind regards,

Candice xxx

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 14:52:20 PM »
I would like to thank Candice for all her help yesterday at the kennels and our outing with 2 kennel dogs to a nursing home. ;D You were great! angel.gif
Thanks also for the lovely toys which the kennel dogs will love ;D and the collars, leads and harnesses etc which will be put to good use.
See you soon.

Offline Pupcakes

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 18:55:21 PM »
I would like to thank Candice for all her help yesterday at the kennels and our outing with 2 kennel dogs to a nursing home. ;D You were great! angel.gif
Thanks also for the lovely toys which the kennel dogs will love ;D and the collars, leads and harnesses etc which will be put to good use.
See you soon.

Thank you Alison, it was my pleasure  :)
I will text you tomorrow about how/when I can help out next!
Fantastic! So glad they can help out other doggies! I will continue to buy bits and bobs when I do my shopping to donate too.

Candice :) xxx