Florence

Author Topic: Home made dog treats/biscuits fund raising idea  (Read 780 times)

Offline Famous Shamus

Home made dog treats/biscuits fund raising idea
« on: June 19, 2013, 22:02:28 PM »
My local pub, the Bush Inn in Upper Cwmbran is very dog friendly and most days/evenings there are several dogs (and their owners!) in there. Often, the owners buy the dogs either crisps or pork scratchings.
This got me thinking. You know the charity cakes/sweets/chocolates etc that people have on the counters in some businesses? Well why not for dogs too? Audrey has told me how to do the liver crisps as a start. (Thanks Audrey!)

I've just been to the Bush (purely research of course  ;)), and Chris, the owner, agreed to let me try out my charity dog treats. I don't suppose it will raise loads of money, but every little helps and it will also raise the profile of Four Paws and get people talking. I'm also going to print out the page of available dogs to go with it, updated regularly.

Any ideas where else may work for the FP charity dog treats?

If anyone wants a really lovely place to walk their dogs for a change, Blaen Bran Community Woodland is a 100 acre wood in Upper Cwmbran which has some great paths running through it, well away from roads, it has it's own car park too. The Bush Inn is a few minutes walk from the car park and is a nice old fashioned pub that does various food on different nights (Wednesday curry, Thursday steak etc) and opens from midday on weekends. Dogs are very welcome.

Offline Marina

• Fundraising
Re: Home made dog treats/biscuits fund raising idea
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:48 AM »
....we love to go to dog friendly pubs for a meal, not that many good ones around Cardiff, we usually find somewhere where we can eat outside and take the dogs with us but then again that's dependant on the weather.

Your doing a great job for the Bush Inn Alison promoting it to us with the added bonus of a lovely walking area, the idea of selling doggy edibles is brilliant, not only a healthier option for the dogs but also promoting FP.  We could have our own brand of Four Paws treats ?

If anyone goes to the pub and has a minimum of 2 meals from your promotion and mentions your name would they Bush donate to our cause ?  just another option ?

"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:54:38 AM »

Sounds like a great idea, they're always so popular at our shows.

If we were going to have other people selling on our behalf it would be worth checking if there are any regulations we need to be aware of - listing ingredients on packaging etc?

Audrey, do you know?
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »
 :) That's a great idea Alison, I'll be watching this space  ;) :)
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 17:26:23 PM »
Not 100% sure but saw a post on FB yesterday that made me think as there are guidelines for businesses and may be the reason Hope have to get theirs tested by the health dept at £40 a recipe.
Will have a nose and see what I can dig up.
The liver crisps only contain liver so ..............
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.