Florence

Author Topic: Appeal - Fundraising Ideas  (Read 3466 times)

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
Appeal - Fundraising Ideas
« on: March 29, 2013, 14:22:15 PM »
Ok. So as a rescue we need some ideas in how to raise some much needed cash very quickly. Does anyone have any ideas that can be looked into. Ideas that cost nothing to put together but will raise us a few £ ?????
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."

Offline Kamarupa

Re: More Fundraising Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 14:26:09 PM »
I am wondering if we could appeal for grants from other organisations. Just finding a few as we speak. I know it isn't necessarily quick cash but may be of use.

http://www.pwwsolicitors.co.uk/charitable-applications/charity-details/the-sylvia-waddilove-foundation-uk

http://aidforanimals.btck.co.uk/

http://www.jeansainsburyanimalwelfare.org.uk/    - isn't this where the van grant came from?

Just a thought.
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. ~Author Unknown

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 14:29:55 PM »
I know it comes up often but I was wondering about bag-packing.  I think someone posted not so long ago to say they had a possible contact.  Just wondering if we could get it off the ground this time.

I'm just putting together a photo comp to start in the next couple of weeks.

Another nice idea is a Wish List on Amazon (idea stolen from Hope!) where people can buy us things we need if they prefer not to donate actual funds.

If anyone has contacts who could donate a really nice item for auctioning (like the Chiminea, or the signed Rugby print) that raised a good amount of money.

Ebay - it's possible to donate 100% of a sale price to a charity if anyone has unwanted items they would like to sell and the money comes directly into our bank account.

Grants - good idea Jo, we used to have a role holder to cover grants but don't at the moment.  Yes, Jean Sainsbury sponsored the latest van.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline Kamarupa

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 14:40:27 PM »
Jean Sainsbury awards a few grants a year but the next bunch of applications have to be in to them by May 15 , so they can be considered at the July meeting.

Now we have a few more volunteers on board is it worth asking if anyone wants to lead with the whole grants thing?

Also, are the lack of car stickers the only think holding up the Safe-ty scheme? Nicky (jellybeans) is very keen to help Nina in kennels and was asking for info but I haven't been able to tell her much. I am willing to help where I can to get things moving as I have next week off work. A launch with that on FB/Twitter/local vets/our next show/the forum might bring in funds relatively quickly if people can 'sponsor a kennel dog'.

Sorry, keep adding to this post. Is the previous grants person contactable because if we can steal a bit of their knowledge/contacts/template letter it would make life a bit easier. I have very quickly looked into a few that I can think off and a few of them don't give to animal charities. There are the pet food firms, online pet food chains, although PAH do loads instore..., supermarkets have charitable arms too if we can tailor our application about educating the community with responsible pet ownership/neutering/cutting down on the Uk's stray problem etc etc.

A FPAR account on Amazon is a great idea and would help when people like Nicky and a few of our other pro-active adopters want to help. I am happy to help with easy online things that don't take too long to set up.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 15:01:18 PM by Kamarupa »
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. ~Author Unknown

Offline Kamarupa

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 15:02:41 PM »
Now we are moving towards summer ( ::)) there is the car boot sales to consider. Everyone has something they could sell...

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 15:12:09 PM »

Dawn was our last grants co-ordinator so should have the info Seran sent over to her.  I can provide accounting information if anyone would like to do some research and initial form completion for available grants?

Not so much the last couple of years but previously grants have been a major source of income for us.

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 15:32:01 PM »
Buyers on E bay can donate to a charity of their choice when they purchase something.Could Four Paws get included as one of the charities?

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 15:53:19 PM »
Now we are moving towards summer ( ::)) there is the car boot sales to consider. Everyone has something they could sell...

there might be plenty this Easter weekend - may be have a look in the lockup

also there's match funding from companies that vols work for or just grants from said companies that vols may work for (I wrote to a previous company I worked for years ago and they remembered me and they gave us £100 and I know other companies give more)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 15:58:32 PM by FrankieBeee »

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 16:03:03 PM »
I've got loads of stuff in the garage that I've been given that would be great for a boot sale.
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Kamarupa

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 16:25:39 PM »
More than happy to do a car boot but when it warms up a bit!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 16:50:28 PM by Kamarupa »

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 16:27:28 PM »
Buyers on E bay can donate to a charity of their choice when they purchase something.Could Four Paws get included as one of the charities?

Hi Lillian,

We're one of the options so its possible for people to donate up to 100% of the proceeds of anything they sell, I think it should also be possible when purchasing something as well x

Offline Famous Shamus

Appeal - Fundraising Ideas
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 19:08:00 PM »
I'm happy to do a Meet and Greet in PAH Cwmbran on either Sat 13th April or Sat 27th or Sun 28th April. Myself and Eric know several members of staff and the manager (I'm always talking to them about Four Paws!), so I can arrange it with them if you need me to.

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Re: Appeal - Fundraising Ideas
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 19:11:52 PM »

Yes please Alison.

Offline gail richmond

• Gail Leilas mum
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 19:12:13 PM »
I can ask the coffee cove over barry island if he will put a collection bucket in the cafe, he is a real dog lover
proud mum of Leila, Alfie (the cat), Jynx (R I P 2011) Jay (the kitten R I P 28/12/2012 age 8 months), Willow (R I P May 2016) Mozzarella (the new kitten) Ashleigh (the daughter) and Joseph (the son)

Offline pebs

• Fundraising
  • Owain and Liquie :)
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 19:21:28 PM »
Do u think maybe he would allow us to do a meet and greet outside the shop Gail? X
Four Paws prince Liquorice and princess buffy and bridge baby Tess xx

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."