Florence

Author Topic: Plants for Paws  (Read 4143 times)

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
Re: Plants for Paws
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 22:17:46 PM »
A heatwave in Wales? LOL

Wll have some baby aloes for the stall - Not sure how many yet, I will try and plant on ten of them.

Dx
Four Paws Bo, Muttley and Tipsy
Remembering Molly, Teddy, Japser and Louis

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 22:18:40 PM »
Yayyyy beans!  ;D runners?  :P
Runner and Broad bean plants hopefully!

I will buy a few of those too :)

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 14:55:38 PM »
allotments often have a glut so may be ask a friendly allotment holder

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 18:40:22 PM »
Hoping we'll have some peas and beans ready (dwarf French) to donate, and I'll start rooting some herbs (sage and rosemary). I'll also ask hubby if he can dig up any surplus raspberry canes and repot them. We have a tayberry already potted up and I'm sure we could find more! My chillis haven't been a success but I'll ask my friend who always has loads spare. So pleased that people liked the yuccas  :)
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 20:34:29 PM »
How goes the plants peeps?
I have some black grasses to bring and need to thin my Montbretia Crocosmia so will bring a few bags of bulbs.
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline alijay

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 20:46:51 PM »
Oooh well done Aud

I've got 12 strawberry plants, Mum potted them singly today, they're looking good

Any other offerings? They'll be gratefully received to make money for our kennel dogs x

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
Brilliant Ali - haven't had strawberry plants for ages

what about asking some allotments if they will donate some

Offline love our poundies

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 16:25:22 PM »
Hi Ali

As per predicted the plants are so far behind due to the weather only a few are ready , We cannot come to the event as I have a school reunion to go to , can any one meet me on sat 18th at junction 24 on the M4 at mcdonalds ( newport ) at 10am

I can't wait any longer after that time as we have people to meet in swindon at 11am

or failing that when is the next paws 4  event , there may be more ready by then

Good to be back  x x x

Offline alijay

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 16:27:36 PM »
Thankyou Julie,that's marvellous x

Can anyone please meet Julie?

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Hi Ali

As per predicted the plants are so far behind due to the weather only a few are ready , We cannot come to the event as I have a school reunion to go to , can any one meet me on sat 18th at junction 24 on the M4 at mcdonalds ( newport ) at 10am

I can't wait any longer after that time as we have people to meet in swindon at 11am

or failing that when is the next paws 4  event , there may be more ready by then

sorry there aren't more ready but I have approx 50 saleable plants ...... Fox gloves , marigolds, rudbeckia HP , sediums , and a couple of other HP

if any one can meet me as above I would appreciate it as I am unable to get to Cardiff this week.

this many to transport

Good to be back  x x x

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »
Hi Ali

I can't meet you on Saturday sorry, but I could meet you somewhere in the week? Am I right in saying you met Lillian at Pontypool Park last time? I could do that before Saturday if thats any good?
Alison

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 17:15:30 PM »
Hi Alison

thankyou for the reply , unfortunatly I am tied up everyday this week and can only meet up with someone on saturday on my way to swindon

If no one can meet me maybe we can bring them along to something else at a later date

julie x
Good to be back  x x x

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »
Hi Alison

thankyou for the reply , unfortunatly I am tied up everyday this week and can only meet up with someone on saturday on my way to swindon

If no one can meet me maybe we can bring them along to something else at a later date

julie x
Hi julie, what area do you live in? I have to go to Abergavenny sometime before Saturday and if you are somewhere near there I could pick up the plants too?
It would be a shame if the lovely plants didn't get to the Paws4Tea plant sale when we really need the funds.
Alison x

Offline BlueHooper

• Paws4Tea Co-Ordinator
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Julie - depending on the time you would pass Fran on the M4 - there is a fosterers meeting in the morning so Fran would be on the road early I think - may be an option - maybe PM her?
Dx

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

I'll be leaving home at 7.30am so would be at Swindon around 8.30am which I think will be too early.  I can meet if the timings work though.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie