Florence

Author Topic: Fill it for Four Paws !  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Famous Shamus

Fill it for Four Paws !
« on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
While clearing our attic, we found a huge (4.5 litre) Bell's Whisky bottle, sadly it was empty! It got me thinking and I have decided to "Fill it for Four Paws".
I already have about 3 inches full of loose change in it, kindly donated by my two sisters and my builder from their loose change pots.
My target is to fill it this year and then hold a competition to "Guess the amount of money in it" with a prize for the closest person. All money in the bottle and from the competition will go to Four Paws.
If you have a loose change jar and would like to help "Fill it for Four Paws" I will be taking the bottle to Four Paws events including the Paws for Tea on 16th March. All change gratefully received to help fund our dogs in finding their forever homes.
Thank you for reading this post! Alison

Offline LyndaG

• Fundraising
Re: Fill it for Four Paws !
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »
What a fab idea - you can be assured that I will empty my heavy purse - poor Peppa usually ends up carrying all my pennies, so it will give her little back a rest!

Offline DizzyDogs

• Fosterers
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
That's a great Idea Alison
Mad about dogs

Offline Marina

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
I have a demijohn, nearly a quarter full...will bring it with me Saturday :-*
"Generally, or at least very often, people with a deep interest in animals are the best people around."  -- Roger Caras

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:27:31 PM »
Brill idea Alison, I've got a pot for change so will bring it along  :)
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 23:55:54 PM »
 :woohoo:
Thanks Linda, Julie, Marina and Maggie for your support, with luck the bottle will fill quite quickly!

Offline LoveMyDogs

• Proud Mum to Sasha, Tillie, Rosie & Mason
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 16:51:14 PM »
Brilliant idea Allison, especially the guess the amount bit!

I fill a coffee tin with coppers & then empty into Audrey's buckets at Paws4Tea xx
Dog ownership is like a Rainbow .... puppies are the joy at one end & older dogs the treasure at the other.

Offline LyndaG

• Fundraising
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 17:01:44 PM »
Are we going to have a Harry Hill 'fight' between Aud and Peppa's bucket and Allison's giant whiskey bottle - such fun!!
Hope I have enough pennies for both of them! ;D

Offline Peppa

• Fundraising
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 19:47:46 PM »
Hehe!!! Not at this Paws4Tea.
Peppa is having an event off from the panniers 'cos it's her 5th gotcha day!!! Livercake all round for the furry ones!
A house without either a cat or a dog is too clean and quiet.

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 20:59:16 PM »
Are we going to have a Harry Hill 'fight' between Aud and Peppa's bucket and Allison's giant whiskey bottle - such fun!!
Hope I have enough pennies for both of them! ;D
Good timing on my part as Peppa won't have her panniers this week! My bottle doesn't have Peppa's appeal !!

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 00:46:56 AM »
While clearing our attic, we found a huge (4.5 litre) Bell's Whisky bottle, sadly it was empty! It got me thinking and I have decided to "Fill it for Four Paws".
I already have about 3 inches full of loose change in it, kindly donated by my two sisters and my builder from their loose change pots.
My target is to fill it this year and then hold a competition to "Guess the amount of money in it" with a prize for the closest person. All money in the bottle and from the competition will go to Four Paws.
If you have a loose change jar and would like to help "Fill it for Four Paws" I will be taking the bottle to Four Paws events including the Paws for Tea on 16th March. All change gratefully received to help fund our dogs in finding their forever homes.
Thank you for reading this post! Alison
All I can say is WOW! I was confident I could, with the help of the Fabulous Four Paws members, fill the huge whisky bottle this year.
BUT, when we left the Paws4Tea yesterday it was nearly full !!
A massive thank you from me, and by the next Paws4Tea I will start the next stage, which is the Guess the Amount in the Bottle. There will be a bottle of Champagne for the winner.
Every penny in the bottle and all proceeds from the competition will go to helping the dogs who need us.
Thank you again.

Offline Maggie

• Fundraising
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:Well done Alison, I'll look forward to the next stage  :)
Luv my 3 Yorkies Ruby, Ben & Alfie & JR X Chi Mad Mikey   & my beautiful Bridge babies Tom, Granny, Lucy, Oscar, Benjy & Pepsi.

Offline Famous Shamus

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 22:56:43 PM »
Just a reminder that the "Fill it for Four Paws" whisky bottle will be at the Paws4Tea on Saturday. I only have the neck to fill, then it's competition time!
Guess the amount of money in the bottle....
The prize for the nearest is a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne or a Champneys Spa box of goodies - you can choose.