Author Topic: VETS recommendations please  (Read 2454 times)

Offline cezzamac

• Kids and dogs .....
VETS recommendations please
« on: October 13, 2009, 22:11:50 PM »
I contacted my vets today just for some general info and advice and had a less than happy experience (and this isn't the first time in not so many years).  :rant:
Can anyone recommend me a good vets practice (including receptionist and nurses!) in the local area?
I'm in Penpedairheol, HENGOED so anywhere around;
Ystrad Mynach, Nelson, Blackwood, Pontllanfraith, Fleur de Lys, Bargoed
or maximum distance Caerphilly / Merthyr
I appreciate any feedback good or bad but please pm me with personal opinions rather than post them on the forums as I wouldn't want to create any negativity for anyone else  :hide:
Thanks
Ceri xxx
Ceri xxx

SKH22

re: vet recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 20:59:08 PM »
Hi, I'm a newbie on here and hope to foster - all tips much appreciated !

I have found Alphavet in Risca 01633 619971 to be very good with reasonable charges  ( my new dog adoptee physical check up cost £3.50 ! )  vets,receptionists, nurses etc., all friendly.

Offline Pez

Re: VETS recommendations please
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 21:05:36 PM »
I use 229 Vets in blackwood and find them very reasonable and a good vet - phone number 01495 222383 x
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''

Offline cezzamac

• Kids and dogs .....
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I'm off to a couple today after Pets at Home in Blackwood as I'm meeting up with Maggie - I think it's my yorkie Alfie she's more interested in  :rofl:

Just to check Pez,
Is 229 vets in blackwood the one that's just changed its name to Summer.. (something)?
On the main road by the roundabout?

Cheers guys your all fab.
My entourage of doglets and other small furries thank you with big licks!(and more than a few barks I expect)!!   :grouphug:

Ceri xxx
Ceri xxx

Offline Pez

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:54:14 AM »
Yep thats the one its Summerwood vets :)
''He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion''