Author Topic: Active challenges  (Read 1451 times)

Offline FrankieBeee

• Global Moderator
    • Friends of Hailey Park (Cardiff)
Active challenges
« on: October 07, 2009, 13:54:26 PM »
Thought I might send letters and emails to clubs/societies/events telling them all about us and to consider us if wanting to do an active challenge, eg, sponsored run. walk, cycle etc.

Will start with Glamorgan 1st

Offline emilyjw

Re: Active challenges
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 14:19:10 PM »
Thought I might send letters and emails to clubs/societies/events telling them all about us and to consider us if wanting to do an active challenge, eg, sponsored run. walk, cycle etc.

Will start with Glamorgan 1st

Good idea, now we have the justgiving set up along with the paper based forms makes things easier. Is it worth mentioning that this could be done jointly with raising for their club etc.  I'm hoping to get some button badges done at some point that we can use for activities where children participate.
Brackeny Boo, a boo of little brain...

Offline LynneJRT

• JRT's Munchkins, Scooter & Oscar
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 19:52:09 PM »

Cardiff Marathon?  Anyone fit enough? (ps not me)  :legit:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
        --Ghandi--

Symdaddy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 20:17:55 PM »

Cardiff Marathon?  Anyone fit enough? (ps not me)  :legit:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline Murphy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 22:51:44 PM »
Try writing to the Lady Captains of your local golf clubs.  Each Lady Captain always has a local charity for the year they are Lady Captain and it would be a super way to raise funds.  Alternatively get your local golf clubs to run an event to raise money for Four Paws.  Alternatively they could always be asked for a prize, i.e. a round of golf, a golf lesson etc etc to sell.   Wales has some super courses and there are a lot of golfers about.  If I can be of help just let me know. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: