Author Topic: Bosun. Cat friendly 5 year old Corgi X Terrier - cuddly teddy bear boy.  (Read 2123 times)

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk

Breed: Corgi x Terrier
Sex: Male
Dog Friendly: Yes
Cat Friendly: Has lived with cats
People Friendly: Yes
Child Friendly: Can be rather nippy when playing so only older, experienced children recommended
House Trained: Yes
Vaccinated: Yes
Neutered: Yes
Microchipped: Yes
Travel: A bit excitable & noisy but fine.
Fostered: Cardiff area
Minimum adoption donation: £165

Bosun is currently undergoing a 14 day assessment and will be available for re-homing from 11/04/17.  Applications are welcome during the assessment period.

Please put in an application in the first instance if you are interested in Bosun. Approved applications will be home checked.

Details of our adoption procedures and adoption application form are here http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/adoption_procedures.html.

Bosun came to us a hand in as, sadly, his owner had to go into a care home and couldn’t keep him. He has obviously been well cared for and much loved. He is a bit overweight at the moment but loves his walks and will happily trot along as fast as his little legs will take him for over an hour. He loves to chase a ball, but then likes to keep it and carry it for the rest of the walk! He is fabulous in the house; he loves a cuddle, adores his food, and is polite to our resident dog without being overly interested in him. He sleeps downstairs with our dog at night and on the first night there wasn’t a sound from him and no mess in the morning. The second night he barked a little bit when we went to bed, then settled down and slept all night. Since then he has been silent every night. He can be rather over excited and barky at times – when it’s dinner time, when he meets new people, when it’s time for a walk or he wants you to throw a toy, but he soon calms down. It's a terrier thing I'm told  :) He barked at some workmen that came to our house and then wanted to be stroked – within 5 minutes he was on his back with them tickling his tummy! He walks nicely on a lead, has good recall and is friendly towards dogs while out on a walk. When he’s excited he can be a bit nippy – though he isn’t at all aggressive and clearly doesn’t mean to hurt. With this in mind we’d suggest that he’s not rehomed with young children, and that the adults in the home have experience of dogs, preferably terrier types.
Bosun is a very sweet, loveable boy and we will update his thread regularly as we get to know him.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:32:33 AM by stella1 »
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Re: Bosun. 5 year old Corgi X Terrier - cuddly teddy bear boy.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 15:30:38 PM »
Some more pictures of this adorable boy.

He's not giving that toy back now he's got it!

Snoozing with his foster brother.
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Re: Bosun. 5 year old Corgi X Terrier - cuddly teddy bear boy.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:23:54 AM »
Bosun is such a fabulous little boy! He's a delight to take for a walk - he's fine off lead and never goes far away from you unless he's chasing a toy, he is interested in other dogs but very polite and if they don't want to know him he just walks away. We've discovered that he loves a game of 'tuggy' in the garden but doesn't get upset if our resident dog takes the toy away from him. We've left the dogs alone in the house (after a long walk) for 2 hours and returned to them both sleeping on the sofa - no mess at all. He's an all round little smasher  :laugh: If you're a fan of terrier types then he could be the perfect new companion for you.
Here he is enjoying a run through the long grass. Click the image to watch.
 Bosun chasing in the long grass by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
I can't stop taking photos of this gorgeous little fella!

Here he's enjoying a paddle

And here he'd stood on a nettle and did a bit of yoga in the park until it stopped stinging  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:35:28 AM by stella1 »

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie

He looks like he's loving his time with you Stella, happy boy  :)

All he needs now is his very own forever sofa.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
20170406_160434 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr
This boy seems to get more handsome every day! Here are some of his favourite things:
Dinner time:
20170405_134954 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

Playing tuggy:
20170406_102308 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

His orange ball:
20170406_130623 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
It was rather hot for the boys on their walk yesterday, so they had to have a bit of a wallow!

20170405_123818 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

But an hour later Bosun wanted to play again!
20170406_101614 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

Bosun really is a very easy, loveable dog. He does some delightfully comical things at times - in the morning he rushes upstairs and if he can find some socks he'll grab them, jump on the bed and present them to me! He also likes to wash your face in the morning given half a chance  :winktongue:  He's very settled in the house now; yesterday I was gardening and realised I didn't know where he was, when I went to look he'd taken himself off to bed for a mid afternoon snooze.  :luv:
Surely someone has a little space in their lives for this delightful boy.

Offline kempy12

• Adoption Co-Ordinator
  • Fosterers
  • Lexie and Jasper ♥
I can't believe this little man hasn't been snapped up he's so gorgeous and such a happy contented little soul
2011 - 2015  We re-homed 68 dogs!  05/03/2016  Teddy 21/08/2016 Pumba

♥Sleep tight; Pursil Cat 03|12|12 - Simpkin cat 31|10|12 - Tommy Thumb 13|12|11

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Well I can't believe that this lovely boy has only been with us for 2 weeks. He's such a settled, happy little chap and he fitted in with our routine so quickly that it feels like he's been here for months!

Here he is having a lie-in with his foster brother (and me!):

Here he decided that although he already had a ball, he quite fancied another one:

And as they say on the best 'clickbait' adverts - what happened next is hilarious - follow the link to see  :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146315267@N03/shares/5npSL7

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie

I love him, he's such a happy smiley boy  8)
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk

Such a sweetheart!

The boys are friends now!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 19:56:04 PM by stella1 »

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk

Appropriately enough, during the Easter holidays Bosun has decided that 'bunny' is his best toy (fortunately Dylan is currently favouring his Xmas reindeer toy!)

He is such a good boy and loves lying in the garden in the sunshine.

He never tries to get out of the garden, but if he's had enough sun he goes and gives a quick bark at the door to let us know he wants to go in. What a sweetheart!

Here's a little clip of him having a roll about on the lawn.
20170419_112648 by Stella Dunstone, on Flickr

Offline jellitot

• Fosterers
He is absolutely gorgeous  ;D looks like he's lost some weight  :luv:
Foster Team Deli! (Eli and Dean)

Faithful servants to Dexter dog and Bueno lady Hamster.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Whoever is lucky enough to adopt this fabulous boy will have to have one of my socks as well - he just loves to bring one (or both) to me every morning!  :D He's very gentle and never rips or chews the socks, he just carries them and presents them to me! I tried to get a photo of him with it in his mouth, but he's too much of an excited wiggle-bum when he brings them  :luv:

If you're interested in adopting this lovely, funny, handsome boy then please put in an application. Although we love him to bits, he deserves a forever home to call his own.

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Bosun is 10.4kg at the moment (but on a diet!). He is about 22cm across at the shoulders (his widest part). Apparently in his old home he used to come and go through the cat flap so he should be ok with a dog flap. He's much shorter (height and length) than our Springer Spaniel and he has very short little legs. As he's a Corgi cross he's never going to be svelte!