Florence

Author Topic: Skye - pretty little crossbreed lady  (Read 553 times)

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
Skye - pretty little crossbreed lady
« on: March 18, 2017, 19:29:14 PM »
SKYE

Breed - Crossbreed - Female
Age - 7-9 years
Dog Friendly - Yes.
Cat Friendly - Not tested
People Friendly - Yes.
Child Friendly - Not tested
House Trained - Yes
Spayed - ASAP before adoption
Chipped - ASAP before adoption
Vaccinated - 1st booked for 20/3
Fostered - Machen

The minimum adoption donation for Skye is £150.
Please put in an application in the first instance if you are interested in her - approved applications will be home checked.

Details of our adoption procedures/requirements, adoption application form and Privacy Policy are here http://forum.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk/index.php/board,21.0.html

Skye came into our care with her friend Tia the Staffy through no fault of her own.   She had a badly infected lump on her foot and has had a toe removed. She's recovering well and has her final vet check/dressing change on Monday.   She's on hold until we have a vet update.

She's been an easy house guest in her foster home for the last couple of weeks, getting along with the resident dogs and loving her snuggles with her foster carers.

Because of her operation she hasn't been able to be walked and went out for her first little stroll today (with a plastic bag covering her foot  :D).  She's fairly strong on lead but we think that could be because she was so happy to be out though any new adopter may need to be willing to work with her on lead.

If you think she sounds like the dog you have been waiting for and that you can offer her a "happy ever after" please send in an application.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 21:57:00 PM by DextersMum »
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
Re: Skye - pretty little crossbreed lady
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 16:35:47 PM »
Oh bless her! Our Dylan has a toe missing & it's never slowed him down at all. I hope this lovely little lady gets a forever home soon; she looks such a sweetheart!  :luv:
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline MissCagey

• Fosterers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 20:46:09 PM »

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
Update from Skye's foster mum  :)

Skye has been with me now for almost three weeks and I am completely smitten! Her toe is fully healed now so she is really enjoying a new lease of life.

Skye is an affectionate, bright and active older dog.  She doesn't stop running about, having a good roll in the grass or cooling off in a stream. She is also crazy, i mean CRAZY for sticks and she'll chase one for as long as you'll keep throwing it!

She pulls ever so slightly on the lead but not enough for you to feel like you're being dragged around by her (my seventy year old mum could manage her easily). Off the lead her recall is excellent, she goes off for a wander but then runs back to you and never goes too far away. She doesn't chase anything, ignoring sheep, cows, cats and wildlife.

She is clean in the house, including overnight and is not destructive in any way. At night she sleeps quietly on the sofa downstairs on her own.  She loves going out in the car and gets very excited which she will tell you about during the whole journey!

Skye is a solid, dependable, steady dog who will make you laugh with her funny little antics. If I didn't already have two of my own dogs I would adopt her in a heartbeat.
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie