Florence

Author Topic: Kim - GSD girlie  (Read 11090 times)

Offline DougieDog

Kim - GSD girlie
« on: June 30, 2016, 17:01:22 PM »
Kim is 3 years old and is chipped, and vaccinated. She's looking for an experienced Adult only home where she is the only dog, She is typical of her breed very loyal and keen to please but does form a strong bond with her person and can be reactive on lead so for this reason she will need to carry on the muzzle training, She's also needs to be the only dog in the household. Her plus points are loves to travel, Happy to be left in the home and very clean in the home, Shows very little interest to Cats so maybe able to share he home with a cat.

She is a beautiful and gentle girl, Please someone give her a chance.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 15:29:21 PM by shepherd lover »

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
Re: Kim - GSD girlie
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 17:54:57 PM »
I know peoples' circumstances change but I still find it hard to understand when the poor dog is no longer wanted. I am not judging anyone but know my own feelings. Years ago I went through very difficult times but I could never have parted with my Jacko and Josh. They were my family and when money was tight they came first. I miss them so much but know we shared a love and bond so strong that never diminished but grew and grew. Now I am blessed to have little Poppet and big Dillon in my life. The joy, love and laughter they bring
makes every day wonderful and I feel lucky to be here.

It is so lovely to know that all the Four Paws team are devoted to their four legged babies and get so much more from them than we give. I hope I don't offend anybody with this post. Lilian, very spoiled Poppet and much laid back big boy Dillon.xx

Offline Ladysteph

• Fosterers
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 20:31:34 PM »
I know peoples' circumstances change but I still find it hard to understand when the poor dog is no longer wanted. I am not judging anyone but know my own feelings. Years ago I went through very difficult times but I could never have parted with my Jacko and Josh. They were my family and when money was tight they came first. I miss them so much but know we shared a love and bond so strong that never diminished but grew and grew. Now I am blessed to have little Poppet and big Dillon in my life. The joy, love and laughter they bring
makes every day wonderful and I feel lucky to be here.

It is so lovely to know that all the Four Paws team are devoted to their four legged babies and get so much more from them than we give. I hope I don't offend anybody with this post. Lilian, very spoiled Poppet and much laid back big boy Dillon.xx

I agree 110%. They are our family. i got a real mix of furries, scaleys and others, they are my kids.
You're jelous because the voices are only talking to me.

My partner needs glasses - he still doesn't see things my way.

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 21:20:08 PM »
Thanks for your message Lady Steph. Would love to hear about all your babies.x

Offline Hazewithin

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 17:08:29 PM »
**Post removed**

Hello, welcome to the forum. Sorry that we've needed to remove your post, I've sent you a personal message to explain.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 18:19:53 PM by DextersMum »

Offline stella1

• Fosterers
  • Dylan dog
    • Woodwasp.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 18:21:48 PM »
 :-*
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 21:10:02 PM by stella1 »
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”—Dean Koontz

Offline Hazewithin

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 20:56:14 PM »
Thank you Stella1

I know I have made the right choice x

Offline lili57

• Fundraising
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 20:59:46 PM »
This sounds so sad. I am glad that you let 4Paws look after and rehome your baby. She will have a lovely new family to spoil her and love her.

Offline Hazewithin

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 21:16:52 PM »
Yes he'll will have a lovely new family & until then a will be with a great foster family.

Offline DougieDog

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 20:19:42 PM »
Kim went for a walk with Rhiannon last week and was fabulous. She ignored passing cars and lorries,  walked well and was very responsive to everything Rhi said to her.  Such a gorgeous girl x

Offline baldywig

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 23:36:48 PM »
hi , could admin message me please re kim , re personality traits etc & ive got a patterdale/lurcher cross girl 4 years old quite chilled out & lived with an older dog would they match ?, thanks.

Offline DougieDog

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 11:42:56 AM »
Walkies with Rhi.  Someone must be able to offer this beautiful girl a loving home, she has been through so much.

Offline DougieDog

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 11:33:19 AM »
Rhi here! Kimmy came out for a walk with me this morning and she was fabulous! She completely ignored Stuart Little the liitle shetland pony who lives outside the kennels, and was very good with lorries and bicycles rushing past. We did meet a very scary slow down sign however which we crept past very quietly incase it decided to attack us! Please can someone give this lovely lovely girl a foster/Forever home?

Offline Cardiffgirl

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 18:27:01 PM »
This gorgeous girl looks so kind and gentle. Sending you a big hug my lovelyxxx
P.S. I missed the posts on her being surrendered but just want to say we must never ever judge anyone who surrenders a dog. They are the brave, the kind, the sensible, and if it wasn't for those kind hearts who surrender because they know their beloved pet can have a better life with someone else, some of us would be without the joy, comfort and friendship that we have come to know through adoption. My Teddy is an adoptee, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why he would be surrendered, but he is genuinely the best thing that has happened to my family for such a very long time. He makes my little boy laugh, when we sleep at my mum's he goes to bed with her for the first 10 minutes before coming in to my bedroom (as if to say "I love you, but I'm not yours, but here's a goodnight cuddle, sweet dreams,") he misses my husband when he is in work and God bless him has such terrible separation anxiety that he cannot be left at all (haven't worked on this because we never go anywhere without him, and this will never change.) So, for every broken hearted owner who surrenders, there is a mended heart of an adopter. Both show courage and love in different ways. Here's to owner & adopter working together for the best outcome forever more!
Properly trained a man can be a dog's best friend.

Offline DextersMum

• Trustee
  • Administrator
  • Princess Maisie
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 18:36:34 PM »

I always love hearing about Teddy, it's obvious how much he is loved and loves you all in return.  A definite happy forever after  :)

About surrendered dogs, sometimes it's just as you describe - a brave & selfless unavoidable decision in the interests of the animal which is heartbreaking for all concerned.  Equally as often though it's for selfish & trivial reasons, or for no reason at all other than the dog has become disposable to the family .... he or she is too big, too old, too ill, too hairy, the wrong breed, expects too much company or exercise, takes up too much time now there's a new partner/baby/job/house/puppy - we've heard every reason you could possibly imagine.

I'll move these posts to general chat so as not to clog up Kim's thread  :)
Fran, Dexter, Princess Maisie and Anya xx
Bridge babies Barnaby & Mollie